The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a fan of their identity as a kid and someone who remembers their 1996 "Cinderella Run," I feel bad for the team. They're currently 8th in the Eastern Conference... Maybe a playoff appearance will turn things around.

Really? Wow. I'm glad Little got it; he's a quietly talented player.

How long can the Jets keep this up? I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but most teams in playoff positions by December keep them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Considering Maurice isn't letting either goalie go longer than a week between starts, they might be able to keep this up a while. Hutchinson had a .947 save pctg and I believe a 1.56 gaa coming into this, I gotta believe he's taking over top spot soon enough, if for no other reason than to tide things over till Hellebuyck is ready to take over in a couple of years.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Colorado has nine whole shots against the Jets after two periods.

Nine.

NINE.

REGRESSION BONERRRRRRRR

Also, Roy tried pulling the goalie with 14 minutes left in the 3rd. We may reach his psychotic break before the All-Star break.

Elsewhere, the Hawks keep chugging along with another two points, although they look significantly less dominant with a goalie who has pads made out of pinball bumpers. No more trips to Marina City for you, Corey, and don't you dare think about catching an act upstairs at Metro.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Corey Perry left the Ducks/Wild game after taking a big hip check, and Emerson Etem has the mumps down in the AHL.

HA. HAHA. HAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHA.

I just don't get it. Why?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

i) FLA- Maybe Vanbiesbrouck, but you'd think they would've done it by now. Even so, he's borderline.

ii) OTT- Alfredsson

iii) TOR- If I'm not mistaken Sundin has been retired

iv) PIT- Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Jagr

i) Extremely borderline, he had his best years with the Panthers, but it was only 5 seasons.

ii) Good to see it ending well with Alfredsson, he's a sure lock. Karlsson's on his way as well. Although it probably won't happen, quite a few Sens fans would like to see Mike Fisher's number raised to the rafters, more than Spezza's anyway.

iii) The Maple Leafs only retire numbers of players that died while still playing for the leafs (#5 and #6 for Bill Barilko and Ace Bailey respectively.) They've already honoured Sundin's number. (fun fact: Toronto have honoured six different numbers twice.)

iv) Not hard to pick the odd one out on that list. Fleury's not close to up there with the other Penguin's 'legends'.

Borderline I know, but the Panthers have a very short list of players worth considering and he was basically the face of the franchise during their most (and only?) successful period. If they're looking to create some sense of history, for lack of a better term, it may help create some pride amongst fans.Scott Mellanby may be another worth considering. These are guys whose number wouldn't get a second thought of retiring on Montreal, Detroit, Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, etc. but it's the Panthers.

Fleury's already smashed the franchise record for wins, and he's probably got another 10 years in him, most of which will be in Pittsburgh. Yes, he's had some of the best teams in NHL history in front of him at times to skew his record, but I say he's a no-question lock.

sig.png

Heartbreaker in Winnipeg; Trouba ties it late in the third but Palmieri wins it early in overtime. But hey, Jets get a loser point, and another game avoids the shootout.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sens fans are clamoring to bring Vermette back from the Coyotes, which you might understand if you had to undergo months of trade rumours surrounding Chris Stewart and Damien Brunner.

I wish that if this happens that we trade literally all of our bottom-6 forwards. That way after everything, we will have traded a stack of pylons for Robin Lehner and some time apart from Vermette.

So 2nd INT - Studio anchors said Sharks Stadium Series jerseys/sweaters might have been leaked. Here's the photo. Looks like Couture.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/12/7/photo-new-sharks-jersey-spotted-at-stadium#comments-outer-wrapper
If these are the real sweaters, they reminds me of a Neapolitan Ice Cream Bar :D

Archived