Great Sports Moments "Ruined" by Terrible Uniforms

AHcreative

2001worldseries.jpg

Please tell me I got redirected to a different thread.

Seriously, even if those uniforms were bad, it would still be a perfect moment because it would further exemplify that the team that shouldn't have won, won. That's part of what makes the 2001 World Series so great.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2001worldseries.jpg

Seriously, even if those uniforms were bad, it would still be a perfect moment because it would further exemplify that the team that shouldn't have won, won. That's part of what makes the 2001 World Series so great.

What you said just validated the post. That was the whole point of the thread.

The Yankees should have won that series. It would have been a perfect ending to a crummy Sept/Oct/Nov

I've argued this before, but apparently winning the World Series while the fires from the worst terrorist attack in history are still burning in your city wouldn't have meant anything. So I've been told.

2001worldseries.jpg

What you said just validated the post. That was the whole point of the thread.
The point of the thread is terrible uniforms that ruined great sports monents, not underdog teams (or whatever you want to call the 01 Diamondbacks)

And anyone who says the Yankees winning that WS wouldn't have meant anything is totally off base. Remember Boston Strong?

b7efd7879b73c293b1627881c9b24f700e03560e

nba_g_tduncan1_580.jpg

What's wrong with the Nets/Spurs one? I personally love the ABA throwback and the rest of the NJ set (minus the red jersey but that didn't come out yet) and the Spurs are timeless. I'm also a homer so I'm biased

Even though the current set is better, I see nothing wrong with those Stars jerseys... As for Buffalo, it was the best they've ever looked.

BIG-SAVE.jpg

Completely agree here. This was the moment that made me fall in love with hockey. I just wish I liked the Penguins, but as long as that punk Crosby remains on the team, I just can't bring myself to doing so (and yeah, those uniforms are not helping).

b7efd7879b73c293b1627881c9b24f700e03560e

nba_g_tduncan1_580.jpg

What's wrong with the Nets/Spurs one? I personally love the ABA throwback and the rest of the NJ set (minus the red jersey but that didn't come out yet) and the Spurs are timeless. I'm also a homer so I'm biased

Even though the current set is better, I see nothing wrong with those Stars jerseys... As for Buffalo, it was the best they've ever looked.

Bingo. That Stars/Sabres final is, IMO, one of the best-looking finals of the 90s. Hell, I'll even venture to say it's one of the best-looking finals of all time.

Throwbacks should never be allowed to be worn in championship games/series. Never. It disgraces the logo/uniform of the current team, and all the hard work to get to its championship run.

Throwbacks can be used on a normal Tuesday night as a promotion to bring in more fans than normal. They shouldn't be worn in title games, period. Imagine if the Spurs in this series decided to wear their Dallas Chaparrals jerseys on the night they clinched the NBA title.

The Yankees should have won that series. It would have been a perfect ending to a crummy Sept/Oct/Nov

I've argued this before, but apparently winning the World Series while the fires from the worst terrorist attack in history are still burning in your city wouldn't have meant anything. So I've been told.
I get it, but 14 year old me was just sick of the Yankees.

I don't think anything can top Louisville winning the national championship in sleeved jerseys and zubaz shorts.

And the fact that they beat my favorite college (University of Michigan) in those garbage uniforms really pours salt on the wound.
As if Michigan would have been any better.

Archived