2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

Why is there no actual play in college basketball ? they just run down and jack up a shot !

Have you ever played, or watched basketball before?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there no actual play in college basketball ? they just run down and jack up a shot !

Watch every game of the mighty Heat, what´s your point !? There is a gameplan in the NBA, they set picks, screens.... in NCAA they run fast as hell down the court, firing up shots within 5 secs.

The :censored:s coaches does not help, they are yelling from the sideline, and verbally attacking players in timeouts, (Carolina and Kentucky´s jerks of a coach) , they should slow the tempo of the game down

Watch every game of the mighty Heat, what´s your point !? There is a gameplan in the NBA, they set picks, screens.... in NCAA they run fast as hell down the court, firing up shots within 5 secs.

The :censored:s coaches does not help, they are yelling from the sideline, and verbally attacking players in timeouts, (Carolina and Kentucky´s jerks of a coach) , they should slow the tempo of the game down

If you want snail pace tempo, watch Virginia.

Anyway, UCLA is officially my second most hated team of the tourney, right behind Kentucky.

If you do then you must have the attention span of a teenage girl.

Scoring as well as possessions per game have gone down for the last decade in college basketball.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/college-basketballs-scoring-problem/

Coaches sticking to their "system" as opposed to maximizing their talent is one of the few roots to the scoring issue.

I sat through four college basketball games yesterday. I had a lot of fun, because it was a good atmosphere and there was good energy. However, you could not say it was good basketball all around. Lots of terrible passes, awful shot selection, and really basic defense. And yeah, certainly a lot of just jacking up a ball without looking for an open man or passing out of trouble.

But, again, it's not without merit. It can be fun, but there's definitely a step down after watching a lot of the pro game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I sat through four college basketball games yesterday. I had a lot of fun, because it was a good atmosphere and there was good energy. However, you could not say it was good basketball all around. Lots of terrible passes, awful shot selection, and really basic defense. And yeah, certainly a lot of just jacking up a ball without looking for an open man or passing out of trouble.

But, again, it's not without merit. It can be fun, but there's definitely a step down after watching a lot of the pro game.

NCAA Tournament games also feel sterile since beer is not sold in the arena and suites must get it delivered 24 hours before the first game of the week.

This first weekend sees empty seats in the early game as people want to drink. Seconday market aside, Jax today was lower bowl empty since the taps are shut.

Nova joins Georgetown, Notre Dame, and Iowa State in the "Teams I'm Never Picking To Win Again" group.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Definitely one of those teams that just doesen't seem to know how to win in March. Haven't been to the sweet sixteen since '09

I tend to agree. I feel for them as well this year. Had them going all the way to the Final Four. Not happening again next year. Don't care what they do in the regular season. Not sending them past the sweet sixteen.

I mentioned earlier about anyone still picking Notre Dame getting what they deserve. An argument could be made for 'Nova being in that sane light and I include myself in that group of people getting what they deserve as well. In hindsight it was a bad pick to send them that far even if 'Nova had found a way to come back.

As I was filling out my paper bracket I had nc state beating nova but of course I thought that would be too risky of a pick to enter into all the tournament challenges. Sigh. Never second guessing myself when it comes to brackets again.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

When was the last time Georgetown has ever won jack squat since Ewing?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not as shocked by Georgetown.

They ran into my opinion the best five seed in the tourney. It wasn't them not showing up or Utah playing above their heads. They just lost to a better basketball team.

Couldn't really argue with their seed though since they finished less then strong. They lost twice to Oregon whose decent, but they should've at worst split, and also fell to a terrible Washington team.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Not as shocked by Georgetown.

They ran into my opinion the best five seed in the tourney. It wasn't them not showing up or Utah playing above their heads. They just lost to a better basketball team.

Georgetown being a 4 seed was stupid, they were 2 seeds too high. And putting teams like Oklahoma up at 3 ahead of Utah is ludicrous, look at Iowa State and Baylor, it's not long before Oklahoma will also show off their conferences' true colors. John Thompson III repeatedly :censored:s the bed with good teams. Utah is awesome. I have them going all the way to the championship game. Granted, they have a weak bracket but still. That game was a mismatch.

Add the "new" Big East to the conferences of unreliable suck along with the MWC, non-Kentucky or Florida SEC, and the Big 12.

Archived