2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

Smart has turned down a couple of bigger gigs. He's from just outside of Madison and I was kinda hoping he was going to tread water at VCU until Bo Ryan retired.

That's what I figured would happen. After the big four which I consider to be Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and UNC I think Wisconsin at this point is in that next tier of jobs. Similar deal with Marquette as well which until recently was the team of Wisconsin. Either or would be a good fit.

It may still happen. How many years does Bo Ryan have left in him?

As for him at Texas again I think its one of if not the hardest area in the country to recruit just from a competition point of view. The talent is there but there's too much cannibalization going on there for I think any team to have a sustained run of success. Its been about 50 years since a Texas school won the National title and about 30 since one reached the title game.

Again we'll see what happens. I don't think he's going to fall flat on his face when he's there. But I'm not going to be surprised if does no better at Texas then he did at VCU even with the better facilities and the better conference.

Duke is not a top job...they have a top coach.

Wojo, Collins, Dawkins, Amaker and even Capel (who still hasn't taken the Arizona State gig) all are wanting that job, but taking the job following a legendary coach really doesn't work out well. Even Joe B. knows that and he WON a title.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart has turned down a couple of bigger gigs. He's from just outside of Madison and I was kinda hoping he was going to tread water at VCU until Bo Ryan retired.

Barry Alvarez will still be there and will try to hire Tony Bennett

That's what I figured would happen. After the big four which I consider to be Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and UNC I think Wisconsin at this point is in that next tier of jobs. Similar deal with Marquette as well which until recently was the team of Wisconsin. Either or would be a good fit.

It may still happen. How many years does Bo Ryan have left in him?

As for him at Texas again I think its one of if not the hardest area in the country to recruit just from a competition point of view. The talent is there but there's too much cannibalization going on there for I think any team to have a sustained run of success. Its been about 50 years since a Texas school won the National title and about 30 since one reached the title game.

Again we'll see what happens. I don't think he's going to fall flat on his face when he's there. But I'm not going to be surprised if does no better at Texas then he did at VCU even with the better facilities and the better conference.

Duke is not a top job...they have a top coach.

I don't see this viewpoint often enough, but I share it.

I don't want to ruin the surprise but Kentucky just sent over their National Championship logo over to where I work. Pretty ballsy IMO considering we have nothing from the other three schools.

Time to post it, not like it's going to be used...

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Well, won't be watching Monday night. Either result will be a dumpster fire.

It'll be that way if Duke wins and everyone on ESPN will make him out to be better than John Wooden.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Soviet Union; check. Bring on Finland.

ON WISCONSIN!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The officiating in that Kentucky-Wisconsin game was pathetic.

Kentucky with all that talent should be ashamed of themselves, John Calipari did a atrocious coaching job, up four bleeding the shot clock and gettting an awful shot up, with all that talent amazing. Total choke job.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From 2002-2013, Wisconsin- with a different type of offense- made 1 Elite Eight under Bo Ryan. Since he changed things up- 2 FF's.

Considering some of the scores they used to win by back in the day, that 2013 Ole Miss loss probably was the turning point for them.

They didn't even score 50 in that game. Hell, Frank the Tank had only two points.

Kinda like the Spurs changing their offense from halfcourt to ball movement after getting swept by the Suns in 2010.

The NCAA should make all shot clock violations reviewable. Period.

I didn't have a horse in this race, but for the love of god, why does the NCAA stick with ONLY REVIEW UNDER 2 MINUTES

In the same way SMU/UCLA has us screaming about goaltending, hopefully the NCAA will wisen up about when to review certain plays like this.

Thankful that Wisconsin came through, thus saving us all from auto-repeat replays of Christian Laettner's buzzer-beater vs. UK for the next 48 hours.

In other news, the arrest count in Lexington is currently at 11.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived