2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate it for Notre Dame. They played just about the perfect game, and if they made just a few of those free throws near the end, they would have won.

But I've seen this story before. Kentucky is a very good team, but Duke, although I hate them with all my passion, may just be that team, providing they get to the Championship. Duke kills too many dreams, and it's a great plot line for "I Hate Jahlil Okafor".

Notre Dame blew it on two possessions near the end, running the shot clock down and having the same player attempting pretty much the same exact step-back three from different spots on the court. Being tied and having the ball with a minute left is a huge advantage and they pissed it away by running down the clock and eventually giving the ball back to Kentucky with the shot clock off. They could have set it up to where even had they not scored and Kentucky gone down and taken the lead, they'd still have enough time left for a much better possession at the end.

IUe6Hvh.png

I really hate it for Notre Dame. They played just about the perfect game, and if they made just a few of those free throws near the end, they would have won.

But I've seen this story before. Kentucky is a very good team, but Duke, although I hate them with all my passion, may just be that team, providing they get to the Championship. Duke kills too many dreams, and it's a great plot line for "I Hate Jahlil Okafor".

Notre Dame blew it on two possessions near the end, running the shot clock down and having the same player attempting pretty much the same exact step-back three from different spots on the court. Being tied and having the ball with a minute left is a huge advantage and they pissed it away by running down the clock and eventually giving the ball back to Kentucky with the shot clock off. They could have set it up to where even had they not scored and Kentucky gone down and taken the lead, they'd still have enough time left for a much better possession at the end.

I don't know if it was actually Brey's gameplan, or if Grant was trying to play hero, but that's exactly what killed them. Notre dame wins by passing the ball, and at the most critical moment, they stopped, and it cost them the game.

Gah. So damn close.

spacer.png

Same late-game strategy beat Duke in January. Didn't work last night. I hate it but…

Jerian Grant is a Naismith Award finalist. I can't complain too much with them putting the season on his shoulders.

I'll eventually be able to rationally look back on this game. Maybe.

6fQjS3M.png

I just don't see the benefit to letting the clock run down to around 35 seconds in any condition. If Notre Dame scored, Kentucky was still going to run it down and set up a play for the last few seconds anyway which, had they scored, wouldn't leave Notre Dame time for much of a game winner. All it did was cost them the security of having a final possession with enough time to actually run something without a whole lot of benefit that I can think of.

IUe6Hvh.png

Same late-game strategy beat Duke in January. Didn't work last night. I hate it but

Jerian Grant is a Naismith Award finalist. I can't complain too much with them putting the season on his shoulders.

I'll eventually be able to rationally look back on this game. Maybe.

I don't have a problem with Grant taking the shot, but that they didn't move the ball at all to try and open something up.

spacer.png

Dawson just showed why you don't call somebody out when a big game is on the line, sorry Harrell.

Spartans in the Final Four.

A much earned win for them, congrats. It's a shame for the Cards to end the season on that, but I'm still proud of them for making this far in the tournament.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

NRG Stadium looks terrible on TV for basketball. Did basketball get bumped for church services in the Toyota Center?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, this is their test run for next year's Final Four.

The Final Four winner, at least in recent times, is also a host for the preceding year's regional final. Unless things have changed, the host (whether it's Houston or Rice, or both) will stage a game during the season next year as another test run for the Final Four.

I didn't care who won but Duke players need to stop acting like its soccer/association football and flinging their heads back when there is obviously no foul. It's bad for the game.

I know it's one thing to emphasize a foul but the entire second half I saw T. Jones do it consistently. If I'm the official I give him a warning and the next time he does it call a technical foul.

And if your colors are navy or dark blue you should not have a black uniform in your set.

Archived