Biggest upgrades/downgrades

Phils Phan

That certainly is a downgrade, but it's really not up there with the big downgrades in NHL history. That uniform really isn't that bad, just not good for the rangers. We're just so used to the traditional rangers jerseys with the diagonal script that any deviation seems like an abomination.

It's worse

Explain to me whats so bad about it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That certainly is a downgrade, but it's really not up there with the big downgrades in NHL history. That uniform really isn't that bad, just not good for the rangers. We're just so used to the traditional rangers jerseys with the diagonal script that any deviation seems like an abomination.

It's worse

Explain to me whats so bad about it.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

^^

Cannot argue with that but I really like the colors on the old road jersey. I wish they'd have started from that spot. The lack of green destroys the home jersey, but the road jersey's color scheme is great and I wish they'd have used it for the update.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Sure its been mentioned but it deserves to be mentioned again with photos. Went from a bottom 5 team to just the opposite.

LZgplGv.jpgrB0Hyge.jpg

As much as I would have liked to have seen less navy blue, the Blues' new jerseys turned out pretty damn good.

Sure its been mentioned but it deserves to be mentioned again with photos. Went from a bottom 5 team to just the opposite.

LZgplGv.jpgrB0Hyge.jpg

Came here to post that. They went from a textbook example of everything that's wrong with RBK Edge, and what I believed was the worst uniform in the league, to a timeless, beautiful, traditional look. The crazy part is that unlike all the other massive upgrades in this thread, they did so without fundamentally changing their jdentity...shows really just how bad Reebok has been for hockey aesthetics.

---------

I think the Montréal Expos' 1992 update has to be up there. While the homes were a definite upgrade, I think the roads were way moreso. Their old roads, taken at face value, weren't awful. Still, they were a product of their time (1970s/80s) - powder blue, racing stripes, pinwheel hats, funky font - and really should not have lived long enough to see the '90s.

tim_wallach.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.j

The updates roads, however, are one of my favourite baseball uniforms of all time. The thick piping, the font, the solid blue caps, the script (and the fleur-de-lys doubling as the accent in "é" was such a nice touch). If anyone knows where I could find one of these, please share.

expos-31413.jpg

vladimir-Guerrero.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Too much white on the MTL jersey, and the sleeve trim is too much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

( BTW I see what other people thought about the 76ers one-I just think It was unique and not RWB and still loved by sixers fans-but I respect your opinions if you disagree)

If Allen Iverson didn't wear them I don't think they'd be as loved as much. The logo was fine and I loved the blue alts from that era but the Sixers should have never demoted red and blue to accent colors for black and gold primary and the basketball logo should never be touched again. Hopefully it's not when they get their new uniforms next year.

i'm far from a magic or basketball fan at all, but i'd disagree. the set on top looks so much cleaner and nicer to me. i love the star on the collar, more traditional font, and the uninterrupted view of that gorgeous shade of blue they use.

the pinstripes is just too much with the multi-colored numbers, adidas mesh pattern, and modern font.

in fact, i'd love to take those older magic jerseys, replace the black with green, and give them to the mavericks. :)

i'm far from a magic or basketball fan at all, but i'd disagree. the set on top looks so much cleaner and nicer to me. i love the star on the collar, more traditional font, and the uninterrupted view of that gorgeous shade of blue they use.

the pinstripes is just too much with the multi-colored numbers, adidas mesh pattern, and modern font.

in fact, i'd love to take those older magic jerseys, replace the black with green, and give them to the mavericks. :)

I can see where you are coming from (in regards to "more traditional" style) but here in Orlando, maybe it was pure shock, but when they made the switch from our "pajama silk" style jerseys (which most everyone loved- althought not as much as our expansion pinstripe set) to these bland offerings it was a huge dissapointment amongst us fans. When they rolled out the current set, maybe its was the pinstripes and return of the vibrant road jersey, that once again made it feel like a Magic jersey. I wish we can simply go back to our original set, including the blue alternate that was introduced in the mid-90's, maybe just make some minor tweaks to make it more modern and roll with that from here on out.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Downgrade

kobe-bryant-late-draft-pick-lakers.jpg

To

KobeShaq.jpg

I have to disagree with you. While it would be nice to have the numbers the same color as the wordmark, the overall design is a huge upgrade. The old unis always felt so odd because they had the side panels on the shorts but not on the jerseys, that alone makes the 2000-Present set so much better.

Downgrade

kobe-bryant-late-draft-pick-lakers.jpg

To

KobeShaq.jpg

I have to disagree with you. While it would be nice to have the numbers the same color as the wordmark, the overall design is a huge upgrade. The old unis always felt so odd because they had the side panels on the shorts but not on the jerseys, that alone makes the 2000-Present set so much better.

The side panels are the only good thing about this jersey. It would be an huge upgrade for another team, but not for a classic team like the Lakers, with a lot of championships and history behind, with another look. Also, i hate white numbers, the nike collar and the boring name font.

Archived