2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I'm watching Jets-Wings and noticed that Detroit's red helmets now have the Red Wings script in red with a thick white outline rather than single-layer white. This new for this year? I don't like it.

EDIT: appears to be some helmets but not all.

On their white helmets the script is white with a red outline. I'm not a fan of either. The rest of the Wings' uniform is as simple as it gets, so the switch is an unnecessary step away from that simplicity.

I agree that's a stupid change and there was no good reason for it. It doesn't do anything to improve their look. They probably did it just to mess with people like us who obsess over small details haha.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching Jets-Wings and noticed that Detroit's red helmets now have the Red Wings script in red with a thick white outline rather than single-layer white. This new for this year? I don't like it.

EDIT: appears to be some helmets but not all.

On their white helmets the script is white with a red outline. I'm not a fan of either. The rest of the Wings' uniform is as simple as it gets, so the switch is an unnecessary step away from that simplicity.

I agree that's a stupid change and there was no good reason for it. It doesn't do anything to improve their look. They probably did it just to mess with people like us who obsess over small details haha.

That helmet-script change is pretty lame and completely unnecessary. That Yellow Kings jersey is absolutely fabulous. I want one!

Sharks wore their Stadium Series jerseys again tonight. Indoor lighting does them no favors.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sharks wore their Stadium Series jerseys again tonight. Indoor lighting does them no favors.

Definitely not, however, I'm glad that the Sharks have at least used it for a second game. Seeing the Penguins, Ducks, and Blackhawks not use their Stadium Series jerseys for a second game was a bit of a waste in my opinion, especially Pittsburgh because until they brought out their gorgeous throwback this season, that Stadium Series Jersey was the best jersey they had last season, though I wish they would have made it Vegas Gold instead of white. Also, I see that it's now March and the 2015-16 thread still has no news about changes for next year.

I'm surprised the Ducks didn't (and don't have any plans) to use their orange Stadium Series jersey again, especially with how popular it was among the fans and is at the games. I mean they made that "OC" shoulder logo just for that game, and I thought they were really going to play that up going forward, especially on merchandise. But so far nothing. The only use since then has been the Jr. Ducks this season.

But with that popularity, I'd guarantee the next future Ducks alternate (whenever that is, might be two years with the new roads this season, which have also been quite popular) is orange

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I'm surprised the Ducks didn't (and don't have any plans) to use their orange Stadium Series jersey again, especially with how popular it was among the fans and is at the games. I mean they made that "OC" shoulder logo just for that game, and I thought they were really going to play that up going forward, especially on merchandise. But so far nothing. The only use since then has been the Jr. Ducks this season.

But with that popularity, I'd guarantee the next future Ducks alternate (whenever that is, might be two years with the new roads this season, which have also been quite popular) is orange

I'm surprised they didn't wear it more either. I'm not a big fan of that jersey because it is close to being as plain as the Oilers' hideous Edge Jerseys from 2007 but I love that it is orange. If the Jr. Ducks use the OC patch, then it doesn't need to be brought back in my opinion, though it was a decent shoulder patch for the Outdoor Game and it would be a decent choice for a new third jersey. I think an orange third jersey would be great, even if they did bring back the Stadium Series Jersey, but, I could actually see the Ducks bringing the Mighty Ducks throwback from last year back as an alternate jersey. I think that would fly with a lot of Ducks fans. From what I remember, that jersey was really popular with many people.

The OC patch was fine for the Stadium game as they were playing off the LA vs OC angle, but beyond that one game it feels like an unnecessary addition.

If they decided to make a new alternate jersey, then it would be okay with me but I wouldn't want to see it on the Ducks' new primary jerseys.

This is Mike Smith's mask for throwback night:

10258009_10153037653685783_510575733309310985891_10153037653745783_575329296177411042666_10153037653785783_4167798424661

And then brace yourselves for the back of it:

11043028_10153037653820783_3175090862080

Alice Cooper lives in Phoenix and is actually a big hockey fan and goes to Coyotes games (although he's from Detroit and is actually a Red Wings fan... so I guess he is the Arizona hockey fan haha)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The back fits just fine: Smith isn't the first goalie to have a rocker on his mask, and Cooper lives in the Phoenix area and is a big hockey fan. I guess he's kind of a throwback, too. ;)

EDIT: Not that I'm a fan of airbrushed rock stars on goalie helmets; just saying it's nothing too far out of the ordinary and "fits" in that sense.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

:D

Screen_Shot_2015_03_05_at_10_18_19_PM.pn

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Shoulder patches really need that sand-colored outline. They kinda get lost amid everything else otherwise.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm watching the game, and it has the pattern on it, just shrunk down. I wonder if they could have just made the collar the patterned portion, and then sewn the green and black outlines onto the yoke instead.

Archived