2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The Devils' throwbacks are better than their currents, if only because what they've worn for the past 23 years is so devoid of character and charm, which actually makes them a perfect fit for the New Jersey Devils. If they brought back the throwbacks full-time with a dark green helmet, it'd be near-perfect.

The Flames' throwback is better than what they currently wear, because what they currently wear is canned ass. It's a middling uniform on its own merits at best.

But they never wore a green helmet....so I don't see why they'd change it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Devils' throwbacks are better than their currents, if only because what they've worn for the past 23 years is so devoid of character and charm, which actually makes them a perfect fit for the New Jersey Devils. If they brought back the throwbacks full-time with a dark green helmet, it'd be near-perfect.

The Flames' throwback is better than what they currently wear, because what they currently wear is canned ass. It's a middling uniform on its own merits at best.

I like the Devils' current set, but I love their throwback. It should be used at least 6-10 times throughout the year. Sunday home games, Friday night games, whatever. But their current set is top-10 solid.

sig.png

I grew up with that Devils throwback. I was always attracted to it because its got the Italian colors and the Christmas colors. (I'm Italian and I "flove" Christmas). And while I'm not a fan of "old is new again" crap, I wouldn't mind if it became a full time third.

I will admit though that the current homes are much sharper.

I still remember when the Devils were new. I had that old Coleco table top hockey game. And when I ordered the stickers I had to cross out "Colorado Rockies" and write in "Could you send me the New Jirsey Divils pleeze". :lol:

2z9cdg2.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

^Beauty.

I recently cleaned up and gave some fresh paint to my Dad's old table top game that was pretty beaten up (cleaned up the gears, fixed the nets, leveled out the surface, etc.). He had some old Montreal and Boston players but they were in pretty rough shape, so I retired them and found sets of Chicago and Vancouver players online. Might have to look again and see if I can snag maybe a set of Montreal and Detroit stickers for a decent price.

sig.png

The only people who want the Devils to go full time retro are non-Devils fans. We have had the same home/away jerseys for over 20 years with no changes and no alternate, and they are some of the best jerseys in the league. They should not change, ever. The throwbacks are fine as throwbacks.

Still waiting for these:

SundinStPats.jpg

100th anniversary can't come soon enough. Already on sale at RealSports.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The only people who want the Devils to go full time retro are non-Devils fans. We have had the same home/away jerseys for over 20 years with no changes and no alternate, and they are some of the best jerseys in the league. They should not change, ever. The throwbacks are fine as throwbacks.

I'm with you. They are nice as once or twice a year jersey, but not so much as a regular thing. The white version is a better jersey, too.

They've had a throwback alternate.

But they never wore a green helmet....so I don't see why they'd change it.

Because it would look better? It wouldn't be an exact throwback, but who cares?

PvO6ZWJ.png

They've worn it, yes, but not as a full-time alt. They've worn it on a couple St. Patrick's Days and at the Stadium Series, but that's it.

Montreal and Detroit are the same in that regard.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Still waiting for these:

[st. Pats Throwbacks]

And "CCM Vintage" style, too. I'm planning to pick one up before they start selling Reebok replicas.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Still waiting for these:

SundinStPats.jpg

The Leafs should have celebrated their centennial back in 2012/13. The Leafs and the NHL can try to ignore that the Toronto Blue Shirts and the Maple Leafs franchise are not the same entity but a court of law ruling back in 1919 refutes that when it stated the Arena Company (who ran the Toronto Arenas) must pay Eddie Livingstone the money they owed him by taking his Blue Shirts franchise and reorganizing it into their Arenas hockey club.

The Catch of the Day!

They've worn it, yes, but not as a full-time alt. They've worn it on a couple St. Patrick's Days and at the Stadium Series, but that's it.

Montreal and Detroit are the same in that regard.

Technically, I guess, but Montreal gets an asterisk for their 100th anniversary.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Totally and completely wrong. The red and black look is perfect for the Devils. Add in the particular block font they use for their numbers, and it's even more perfect.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Totally and completely wrong. The red and black look is perfect for the Devils. Add in the particular block font they use for their numbers, and it's even more perfect.

I'm with you personally. It's weird, I like red and green together usually. However, I just feel that it doesn't fit the Devils at all. The red and black as they have it used now has a much more intimidating feel to it (fitting for "Devils") and just works altogether. Maybe if the green were a dark, dark green, it could work. But the way the throwback is, it doesn't seem "devilish" enough to be taken seriously.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

There are a few things that make the red and green work for the Devils. The first is that the team is named after the Jersey Devil, not Lucifer, so the fire and brimstone associated with red and black isn't necessarily fitting. The Jersey Devil is said to live in the heavily wooded parts of the state, so the green fits. The colours also reflect the state's Italian population, which is a nice bonus. All of that on top of it just being a really sharp combo.

The red and black also work, though. That too is a great combo (if a bit overused), and the organization has seen its greatest success in those colours. Whereas they were, well, a Mickey Mouse operation in red and green. And there's the wonderful block font they've used in the red and black era.

As I said, I can go either way. I prefer red and black just a bit more because of the success associated with the look, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they went with red and green, or even adopted it as a full-time alternate.

I love the home red look, but I don't like the way it's inversed for the white jerseys and socks. It's a direct and consistent transfer, which in 99% of cases I prefer, but the red-black-red stripes on the white jersey create this odd vibration in my eyes that's not present on the reds.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There are a few things that make the red and green work for the Devils. The first is that the team is named after the Jersey Devil, not Lucifer, so the fire and brimstone associated with red and black isn't necessarily fitting. The Jersey Devil is said to live in the heavily wooded parts of the state, so the green fits. The colours also reflect the state's Italian population, which is a nice bonus. All of that on top of it just being a really sharp combo.

The red and black also work, though. That too is a great combo (if a bit overused), and the organization has seen its greatest success in those colours. Whereas they were, well, a Mickey Mouse operation in red and green. And there's the wonderful block font they've used in the red and black era.

As I said, I can go either way. I prefer red and black just a bit more because of the success associated with the look, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they went with red and green, or even adopted it as a full-time alternate.

I agree with this. The Devils' current set is pretty good. I'd prefer to have them in red in green if not for their entire franchise relevance and three Stanley Cups coming in red and black. At this point, they've established themselves as red and black. That combo is entirely oversaturated, but we'll deal with it. Make the freaking Hurricanes change colors.

Also, the stripes on the red throwback jersey are awful. The white jersey looked good - a thick green stripe with a thick red stripe a few inches below it. However, they didn't swap out the red for white on the red jersey. Instead, they tried outlining the white jersey's pattern in white. So the red jersey looks like it has white-green-white stripes with a detached white stripe floating beneath them. Also, they should have flipped the sleeve stripes so they matched the body stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived