2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Looks nice, a definite upgrade. Really the only negative thing I have to say is just using your establishment date as your hanger effect is kinda dull. However it is better than some trumped up, silly design.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look how much better it'd be if the blues just used one shade of blue instead of royal and navy

newblues2.png

I'm going to disagree, especially on the blue jerseys. Everything gets muddled together, and the great logo gets lost.

And really, they are the Blues...plural...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

My biggest fear of the Blues new jerseys is the possibility of a creative font like the Ducks, Kings, Sens, etc. If they stick to a standard block font, it will look outstanding. A cutesy font will kill it.

My sentiments exactly.

As a Blues fan, and one who never had a HUGE problem with the Edge jerseys, I would say that this is an upgrade. I still wish the Blues would lighten up their colors a bit or even use just one shade of blue, but I can deal with this. As far as the thin stripe between the sleeve and hem stripes; I really like it. I don't see why everyone is complaining about it being different from the yoke. As far as I'm concerned, the yoke and sleeve/hem stripes are separate elements that may be treated differently. Sure, if there were that thin blue stripe on the sleeves and then it didn't exist on the hem (or vise versa) then I could see the nit-picking, but as it is now, I don't see the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Bruins yoke white/yellow while their hem and sleeve stripes have the thin black stripe between? And the Bruins have, IMO, the best jerseys in the NHL.

Looks nice, a definite upgrade. Really the only negative thing I have to say is just using your establishment date as your hanger effect is kinda dull. However it is better than some trumped up, silly design.

Or having a "hanger effect" at all. They always seem contrived.

look how much better it'd be if the blues just used one shade of blue instead of royal and navy

newblues2.png

I'm going to disagree, especially on the blue jerseys. Everything gets muddled together, and the great logo gets lost.

And really, they are the Blues...plural...

I understand it's plural but that doesn't mean we need 2 shades of blue. We weren't named after shades of blues either. I think the focus on white and yellow in the logo really makes it pop instead of being lost - as you said.

We could have a classic jersey but instead we get this? Should we have 5 shades of blue then? Just saying... They could have done so much better than this design, but sadly, it's still better than the edge design.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

newblues2.png

Really like the all royal. Make the striping consistent (prefer the stripe between the gold and white) and or even make the top shoulder gold like late '70's. Those whites are awesome, if that's how they will be I REALLY want the NHL to go back to white at home, but that what I grew up on.

Your gonna get told it looks too much like Minnesota North Stars though

I understand but atleast they aren't around anymore so it won't matter.

It won't be like the Hurricanes discussion last year that completely copied a current teams look.

You can only have so many combo's of stripes before it eventually repeats itself.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

This is what they should have done. So gorgeous

iwish-1.png

Slightly disagree here. Although the royal looks very nice, the shoulder stripes look like they're floating to nowhere with the matching colors. This would probably be the way to go without the double blue

Blues08.png

That being said, returning to the pre-Edge style is going to look awesome for the Blues. I guess they could've lightened up the royal a tad bit or two and maybe darken the navy, but the Blues have gone from a mediocre look to a top 8 or so look overnight.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

A month ago, this very thread was almost universal in saying that the Blues need to bring back their late-90s look, and if that happened, everyone would be happy.

You get your wish, that's almost exactly what we have here...and still nobody is happy.

f9d.gif

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Why's everyone so down on the double blue? As long as the sweaters and socks are primarily royal blue, the navy blue adds some nice accents and breaks up the darks by not having them be one shade of blue from head to toe. The most beloved hockey uniforms all have ABAB or AABA alternating colors (Habs dark, Hawks dark, Wings white, Leafs white, I guess Stars dark so people don't hound me about Original Sixing.) They're the Blues. It works.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A month ago, this very thread was almost universal in saying that the Blues need to bring back their late-90s look, and if that happened, everyone would be happy.

You get your wish, that's almost exactly what we have here...and still nobody is happy.

f9d.gif

Agreed. There's no pleasing people. I, for one, am happy with what they did.

I agree, I'm guilty for doing what I hate most (saying what I think they should do) but it's my team. Huge upgrade if that's what it is....I like it. Gotta see the official release.

I agree, I'm guilty for doing what I hate most (saying what I think they should do) but it's my team. Huge upgrade if that's what it is....I like it. Gotta see the official release.

Well, I'm a fan of the pre-Edge look. This appears to be close to that, so I'll go ahead and speak up early (sight unseen) and say I'll like this.

The reason it seems "there's no pleasing us" is because the negative tends to speak up more than the positive in any situation. There are enough people here on either side of an argument to be vocal when they don't like something.

My guess is that overall this Blues look will be a hit. We might need to see a little more before the majority commits.

Archived