2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

If that's indeed their new jersey, and the Blues stick with gold numbers in a block font and get rid of the squiggles on their pants, they'll have done everything right. Gorgeous look. Can't wait to see it get dismissed in the first round.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually, yes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They're too busy Sharkin' it up to bother winning a meaningful playoff round.

I almost feel like the navy is too dark. Maybe have the royal as the darker blue and add a sky blue in there instead.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

jerseys look good............semi-off topic rant: ..unfortunately you won't be able to tell on TV, the blues have the worst camera placement in the NHL, camera is way too high up in the rafters........players looks like :censored:ing ants !...........and forget about seeing the :censored:ing puck as well.

This is what they should have done. So gorgeous

iwish-1.png

Blur your eyes and the logo is practically invisible... I much prefer the double blue because it provides the blue note with some much needed contrast. Plus those colours just look good together.

The double blues is a good look, a better look than the single blue concepts, and if there's any team in sports that should be wearing multiple shades of blue it's the BlueS.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As a Blues fan, and one who never had a HUGE problem with the Edge jerseys, I would say that this is an upgrade. I still wish the Blues would lighten up their colors a bit or even use just one shade of blue, but I can deal with this. As far as the thin stripe between the sleeve and hem stripes; I really like it. I don't see why everyone is complaining about it being different from the yoke. As far as I'm concerned, the yoke and sleeve/hem stripes are separate elements that may be treated differently. Sure, if there were that thin blue stripe on the sleeves and then it didn't exist on the hem (or vise versa) then I could see the nit-picking, but as it is now, I don't see the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Bruins yoke white/yellow while their hem and sleeve stripes have the thin black stripe between? And the Bruins have, IMO, the best jerseys in the NHL.

You are correct about the Bruins, and it's what holds their look back from perfection as well.

This is what they should have done. So gorgeous

iwish-1.png

This is far from good.... let alone gorgeous.

The logo is all but lost in the sea of blue.... The shoulders have stripes that make no sense. The hem stripes are unbalance without the navy blue bottom.

Sorry but the mockup Blues jersey on icethetics is 100X better than this...

jerseys look good............semi-off topic rant: ..unfortunately you won't be able to tell on TV, the blues have the worst camera placement in the NHL, camera is way too high up in the rafters........players looks like :censored:ing ants !...........and forget about seeing the :censored:ing puck as well.

Buy a bigger TV?

San Jose is the worst, but yes, St. Louis's camera placement is pretty bad. I think NBC rectified it for a game or two in the playoffs and brought it down a little.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, maybe I'm just really bad at perceptive things. I have no idea. But...

huh.png

The one on the left is a FS Midwest production, and other is an NBCSN production from this past postseason. Based on the blueline, the angles here should pretty much be identical. I was too lazy to try and find angles that lined up with center ice.

(it would be better if the Fox Sports ticker wasn't in the way on the bottom.)

spacer.png

huh.png

The one on the left is a FS Midwest production, and other is an NBCSN production from this past postseason. Based on the blueline, the angles here should pretty much be identical. I was too lazy to try and find angles that lined up with center ice.

It looks like the one on the left is a replay of a FS Midwest game on the NHL Network. That's an NHL Network ticker at the bottom.

huh.png

It looks like the one on the left is a replay of a FS Midwest game on the NHL Network. That's an NHL Network ticker at the bottom.

It's a highlight from NHL.com. That is the FS-MW ticker on the bottom.

If anything, at second glance, what really interests me is how often NHL teams change their advertising along the boards. I had never noticed this before. The two games screenshoted here were only played ten weeks apart (February and April 2014), yet the advertisements are completely different.

I think the NHL or NBC/Canadian TV broadcasters or both sell the advertising space on the visible board areas for the playoffs

The worst camera angle's still the Islanders sitting on the left blue line

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

As of the last couple years, board advertisements go under league control for the playoffs so that everyone has GEICO, Tim Hortons, Advil, Honda, Bridgestone, and any other big-time league partners I'm forgetting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived