2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I agree with the admiral, for the most part; sans the nameplates. Nameplates are goofy regardless.

It's worth it on the orange sweaters to have black on white rather than white on orange, or two-layer lettering that doesn't match the other sweater. Plus, it makes it look like the Flyers can't be arsed to deal with little aesthetic details, which I feel fits the whole Flyers mien quite well. So a resounding yes to white nameplates.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flyers confirmed an alternate jersey for 14-15 tonight, but no details on what it looks like

It will probably be black and will probably supplant the orange as the primary home in 5 years. Let's hope not though.

The Flyers should never have a black home jersey ever again!

Every other team is doing it right nowadays. No reason for the Flyers to mess that up.

I don't mind a black alt as long as it stays as an alt. Their current set is pretty much perfect

Am I the only one around here who HATES the Flyers contrasting nameplates and contrasting (by which I mean different colored on the back and sleeves), single-outlined numbers?

Probably not. But they go with the throwback jerseys. It suits them, and they complete the retro look.

Do they serve any purpose of non-asthetic reasons? Absolutely not. But it fits.

I disagree about the numbers. Single-outlines look so much cleaner. And the TV numbers are fine the way they are, the problem is how the yoke isn't wide enough.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

jerseys look good............semi-off topic rant: ..unfortunately you won't be able to tell on TV, the blues have the worst camera placement in the NHL, camera is way too high up in the rafters........players looks like :censored:ing ants !...........and forget about seeing the :censored:ing puck as well.

Buy a bigger TV?

Huge TV´s only make the picture crappier.......and most other arenas have fine camera placements , Like new jersey and chicago, where you feel the action and can see the players deke and stickhandle and all the other stuff......the stuff you can´t see in st. louis and san jose.

The Flyers confirmed an alternate jersey for 14-15 tonight, but no details on what it looks like

It will probably be black and will probably supplant the orange as the primary home in 5 years. Let's hope not though.

The Flyers should never have a black home jersey ever again!

Every other team is doing it right nowadays. No reason for the Flyers to mess that up.

I don't mind a black alt as long as it stays as an alt. Their current set is pretty much perfect

The black Flyers jersey worked.. until they got rid of the orange jerseys in favor of it. A black version of what they've got now with orange striping could be a nice alternate.

Growing up in the 90s, the black jersey played a big part in their jersey presence and rotation. I know some older fans think it looks rediculous, but I really liked it as an alternate. I would like to see them try it again, and maybe not even neccesarily in the same style as their current jerseys

I think it would take a lot of work to make a black Flyers jersey a suitable alternate. Orange is such a part of their identity, so it was really weird to see them in head-to-toe black with white sleeves and white numbers on the back. At the very least, the sleeves would have to be orange instead of white.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Black Flyers jerseys sucked because the sleeves were white and the use of orange was so minimal. Every game looked like they were black-and-white playing against a white team - horrible to watch.

The only way a black Flyers jersey would work is if the sleeves were orange and there was orange hem striping. Even then... bad idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey, why not make this guy the third (like they should have done after the Winter Classic)? Just fix the hem stripe, swap the vintage white with white, and you're done!

fg4sypw22h9tqhfmchgx0vrmj.gif

I liked this alot, but the cool thing about the Flyers is even though their unis are very old school, they don't fall in line with the 'typical' old school uniform like the Habs, Leafs, WIngs, Bruins, etc.

sig.png

So I don't know if this is a case of the team store not having the new numbers yet (they don't have the new jerseys either, black or white), or a mistake by putting the old numbers on, or a legitimate change, but Ryan Kesler made his first appearance in Anaheim today and his jersey did not have the orange number outlines:

image_zps865ab969.jpg

In a quick instagram video, you can also catch a glance of the gold outline around the numbers.

I actually think it looks better.

EDIT: Here you go

DSC_0097164539310_slide.jpg

DSC_0113164601383_slide.jpg

DSC_0105164549043_slide.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I think it looks better too, but could it have just been a quick, last minute custom job?

But that doesn't make sense why they'd have a Kesler namebar in the "old" font colours.

Right, that's what I'm saying. They may not have the new font/numbers in yet, or they're actually changing them.

All the rookies/prospects at the development camp just wore practice jerseys with the iron-on/screen black or white numbers. So there's nothing to glean there. (Although, practice jerseys with just the "D" on the front, much much better. Not that it matters.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So I don't know if this is a case of the team store not having the new numbers yet (they don't have the new jerseys either, black or white), or a mistake by putting the old numbers on, or a legitimate change, but Ryan Kesler made his first appearance in Anaheim today and his jersey did not have the orange number outlines:

image_zps865ab969.jpg

In a quick instagram video, you can also catch a glance of the gold outline around the numbers.

I actually think it looks better.

EDIT: Here you go

DSC_0097164539310_slide.jpg

DSC_0113164601383_slide.jpg

DSC_0105164549043_slide.jpg

The jersey's a replica (look at the shoulder patches), so I'm guessing Kesler's name and number were just heat-pressed on at the team shop. The rear number are the old dimensions, too, not the new, elongated design.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived