2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I think the neon green usage in the All-Star Game material isn't necessarily a nod to the face that Columbus used to use that color as an accent color, but because it's the color the NHL uses for all authentic Reebok merchanside. On most authentic jerseys, there is a neon green band around the inside collar. And all Reebok NHL hats usually have a neon green band around the inside brim.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if NHL is also going to switch to CCM. I went to the NHL online shop yesterday and just about every jersey I looked at was only available in size 2X or 3X. It would seem to me that the league shop would order more supply rather than lose out on sales. Also, I looked at the 2015 Reebok catalog and don't see Premier or Authentic jersey's listed anywhere in it

If it isn't already abundantly clear:

CCM AND REEBOK IN THE HOCKEY INDUSTRY ARE BOTH UNDER THE BANNER OF SPORT MASKA, WHICH ITSELF IS A SUBSIDIARY OF ADIDAS.

All NHL and AHL uniforms currently produced are by Sport Maska, including any and all combinations of CCM, Reebok, Jofa, and Koho.

5amlwx.jpg

I think the neon green usage in the All-Star Game material isn't necessarily a nod to the face that Columbus used to use that color as an accent color, but because it's the color the NHL uses for all authentic Reebok merchanside. On most authentic jerseys, there is a neon green band around the inside collar. And all Reebok NHL hats usually have a neon green band around the inside brim.

I thought the green bands were only on the 7231's (Indo's) and on the 7287's that were for special occasions (Stadium Series, Winter Classic, etc.) Yes, that would apply for the All Star game but I don't think those green bands exist on most authentic jerseys.

We've come a long way since the design holocaust of 2007

jerseysignature2.jpg

13 down, 5 to go.

The Sabres alt is done. If they weren't obligated to wear it for 10 games, I think they would have pulled it before it ever hit the ice.

That Sabres alt and Original 6 dress up Lightning weren't from '07. Also a few others from '07 are missing, but maybe you liked those.

I only included designs that I find intolerable and yes I included a few post 07 ones. Most are from that era though. I must add the "Bolts" and "Sens" atrocities.

You forgot the Senators', Hurricanes' and Kings' sweaters.

Not saying every jersey left off here is perfect. The Hurricanes jerseys are not good (by any stretch) but I can tolerate them unlike say, the Oilers 2007 set.

Also Canucks, Caps plus the Sharks and Jackets (SJ and Clb were perfect).

No the Canucks are fine as is. I could tolerate replacing the Orca with the Stick N' Rink but no full time millionaires throwbacks for the love of god! The Canucks aren't the damn Millionaires and never will be. Plus it'll make their cluster :censored: of a jersey history even more convoluted.

You forgot the Senators', Hurricanes' and Kings' sweaters.

Not saying every jersey left off here is perfect. The Hurricanes jerseys are not good (by any stretch) but I can tolerate them unlike say, the Oilers 2007 set.

See, that's how I feel about the Lightning and Stars sets, unlike the Hurricanes.

It's disappointing that Pittsburgh (more so than Calgary, Ottawa and Colorado, but not by much) have stuck with that putrid Reebok template for as long as they have. And they don't get any points for releasing a couple of stale, throwback blue & blue jerseys. Really looking forward to the day the Pens get new duds.

Last week, I talked a little bit about hats. One of Ryan's tweets led me to the @SabresStore Twitter page, and I saw this picture:

Screen+Shot+2014-07-13+at+10.26.39+PM.pn Photo: @SabresStore Twitter Account Do you see the hat on the center of the top shelf? Could that really be a hat matching the Sabres new alternate jersey? Not only would you look awful wearing the jersey, you could buy a matching hat!

Here's a very rough Photoshop job of what the announcement would have looked like:

ENLARGE_01sabres_third_jersey.png Original Photo: buffalowins.com

New hats apparently. No one probably cares anyway.

(Goddamn centering)

I thought the green bands were only on the 7231's (Indo's) and on the 7287's that were for special occasions (Stadium Series, Winter Classic, etc.) Yes, that would apply for the All Star game but I don't think those green bands exist on most authentic jerseys.

All NHL "Center Ice" apparel which is similar to the "Authentic Collection" in MLB and the "Sideline / Equipment" in NFL uses the neon green.

We only have five holdovers from the Class of '07 monstrosities - Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Calgary, and Washington. We've come so far.

(Waits for Nike to blow things up in 2017)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Last week, I talked a little bit about hats. One of Ryan's tweets led me to the @SabresStore Twitter page, and I saw this picture:

Screen+Shot+2014-07-13+at+10.26.39+PM.pn Photo: @SabresStore Twitter Account Do you see the hat on the center of the top shelf? Could that really be a hat matching the Sabres new alternate jersey? Not only would you look awful wearing the jersey, you could buy a matching hat!

Here's a very rough Photoshop job of what the announcement would have looked like:

ENLARGE_01sabres_third_jersey.png Original Photo: buffalowins.com

New hats apparently. No one probably cares anyway.

(Goddamn centering)

I think they've been around for a while. I remember seeing them at the team store when I went to a game back in March.

Archived