2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I love the boldness of the 3rd jersey the caps use, but I like updated 'script' logo. Not sure if they could be hybridized together, but that's kind of how I feel.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, death to the script logo.

Yeah. I hate script "logos" too.

A logo should be a picture, drawing, symbol, insignia, crest etc. Not words.

I would completely disagree. A logo can be words. Edmonton's logo is pretty much a word. Both New York teams are wordy logos, and the Rangers just use a word on the jerseys.

Plenty of logos outside of sports are words.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I just don't understand how some of you can say the Edgeified Blues jerseys are a busy mess and then be fine with the Caps jerseys. The Capitals have the busiest and messiest jerseys in the entire league. On top of that, they have a horrible logo. And on top of that, they have a cliche color scheme, vastly inferior to their earlier scheme.

The absolute worst.

I just don't understand how some of you can say the Edgeified Blues jerseys are a busy mess and then be fine with the Caps jerseys. The Capitals have the busiest and messiest jerseys in the entire league. On top of that, they have a horrible logo. And on top of that, they have a cliche color scheme, vastly inferior to their earlier scheme.

The absolute worst.

You lost me after that. Caps don't have the busiest jerseys in the league.

Plus it's DC. Red, white, and blue are going to be popular colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The absolute worst.

I don't think the Caps' sweaters are busy, but to each his own.

My issues with the soon to be former Blues look had to do with the front piping and the curved yoke striping, which looked like the pre-Edge design was melting. The look is tolerable with Nashville because they have a history of out there designs, but the Blues always stuck me as a team that should keep it simple. Thankfully they're going back to that.

The absolute worst.

One word: Reebox.

On top of that, they have a horrible logo. And on top of that, they have a cliche color scheme, vastly inferior to their earlier scheme.

The absolute worst.

If any team should have the "cliche" color scheme of red, white, and blue, it's a team in Washington DC called the Capitals.

I agree that the new Blues' jerseys are infinitely better than their 2007 counterparts and the "Reebox" was the one jarring mistake that always left baffled. However, I don't think it was a bad design, per se.

The Caps' scheme is cliche. Yes, it has the right to be cliche because they're from D.C., but it wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't have such a great and unique color scheme that was the teal/copper/black (or whatever the colors were actually called).

The Capitals' problem lies mainly with their logo, I suppose (I despise the irony). However, I still stand by my opinion of their horrid, busy uniforms.

I agree that the new Blues' jerseys are infinitely better than their 2007 counterparts and the "Reebox" was the one jarring mistake that always left baffled. However, I don't think it was a bad design, per se.

The Caps' scheme is cliche. Yes, it has the right to be cliche because they're from D.C., but it wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't have such a great and unique color scheme that was the teal/copper/black (or whatever the colors were actually called).

The Capitals' problem lies mainly with their logo, I suppose (I despise the irony). However, I still stand by my opinion of their horrid, busy uniforms.

But before they went to that horribly trendy royal, black, and copper scheme, they were red, white, and blue.

I'm on the boat of liking the Capitals' current set. Now I know where you guys are going with the previous set's colors. HOWEVAH...

56579977_crop_650x440.jpg?1309545061

Once they went to these full time, completely ditching the blues, and never introducing an alternate until the Edge redesign (not to mention being part of the mismatched home-away trend of the early 00s), that look went completely out the window.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

But before they went to that horribly trendy royal, black, and copper scheme, they were red, white, and blue.

...and their logo was awful. :P

I'm on the boat of liking the Capitals' current set. Now I know where you guys are going with the previous set's colors. HOWEVAH...

56579977_crop_650x440.jpg?1309545061

Once they went to these full time, completely ditching the blues, and never introducing an alternate until the Edge redesign (not to mention being part of the mismatched home-away trend of the early 00s), that look went completely out the window.

The clunky numbers and font that went with that set I disliked so much. Was it intended to evoke the font on US dollar bills?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I think it was just supposed to look "stately" more than anything. They weren't that close to the numbers on dollar bills, though it's not like there's a $68 bill that I can cross-check Jaromir Jagr's sweater against.

I'm glad the Caps went with the seal colors in the '90s, because they (and the Bullets) had grown beyond stale and needed something eye-catching, but I'm equally glad that they went back to red/white/blue when it was time to be relevant again after some serious doldrums. The Weagle should be the primary, though; the old "capilals" script was bad and the new one is somehow worse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think it was just supposed to look "stately" more than anything. They weren't that close to the numbers on dollar bills, though it's not like there's a $68 bill that I can cross-check Jaromir Jagr's sweater against.

I'm glad the Caps went with the seal colors in the '90s, because they (and the Bullets) had grown beyond stale and needed something eye-catching, but I'm equally glad that they went back to red/white/blue when it was time to be relevant again after some serious doldrums. The Weagle should be the primary, though; the old "capilals" script was bad and the new one is somehow worse.

It's better than the old HurrJcanes look.

8107502217_560027a159_z.jpg

Can you believe that the Capitals made them change the logo starting this previous season because it was too similar?

IbjBaeE.png

Archived