It's official...Miami also leaving Nike

mjd77

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times does it have to be explained that it's only a simple mockup and is not indicative of a future design? I know Adidas gets a lot of well-deserved crap, but G-d. Wait until the uniforms have actually been unveiled before declaring them the worst thing ever.

• 1 month later...

From a post on one of the Miami boards.

B--J0D9XAAE0ZSp.jpg

10950507_861698857202358_2011110333_n.jp

This would be pretty awesome...and certainly what a large number of Miami fans have been hoping for, but...let's be honest. Those pants are simply Kansas' football pants recolored. The sleeve stripes are going to be tiny on that template. The stripes on the helmet look like they've been altered a small amount (green stripes are thinner). I realize that this is just a concept.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

B--J0D9XAAE0ZSp.jpg

This would be pretty awesome...and certainly what a large number of Miami fans have been hoping for, but...let's be honest. Those pants are simply Kansas' football pants recolored. The sleeve stripes are going to be tiny on that template. The stripes on the helmet look like they've been altered a small amount (green stripes are thinner). I realize that this is just a concept.

Those socks though.

Awesome.

B--J0D9XAAE0ZSp.jpg

Those socks though.

Awesome.

I don't care how they'd look on the template, cause a return to the classic look would be great. The only thing I'd change is matching the sleeve stripe to the helmet one and using the current number font.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I think if you're going back to the uniforms from your glory days you have to leave the current numbers behind. They would drag a look like this down. They should've asked for the template Michigan uses on their home uniforms. It gives them more space for the sleeve stripes. I'm surprised by how much they look like Nike's Destroyer jerseys when worn without pads.

Also just noticed the tire tread is all over the pants. This will bring it down a bit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Miami concept doesn't look terrible. The issues with the Adidas template will remain. The tire marks will severely diminish any design element. I am assuming the shoulder stripe is going to look neutered on the sleeve. Lastly, although I am a fan of traditional stripping on uniforms... For a school who invented swag and nicknamed Swaggy U, I would prefer a more modern style, like Nikes previous design, over something traditional for The U.

I'm real interested in what they come up with for Miami. Like others have already said, Adidas biggest problem is the crappy template they are currently using. I think we've even seen it with the NBA as well. Their templates are severely limiting their ability to create good designs, especially with things like sleeve and shoulder striping. They need to lose the tire tread as well. There is not one single example of it looking good.

Adidas has got to be just throwing out feelers. Even Adidas wouldn't do 3 different uniforms with 3 different style jersey and pants.

They could, but I don't think Miami would allow them to roll that many out all at once. If this were a Group of 5 school I could see this happen. Personally, I think if they based their uniforms off the 1980's style uniforms they'd have a good set. But if they want to keep the font that Nike created for them, they should go with something similar to the Pro Combat uniform that was shown earlier in the thread.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived