It's official...Miami also leaving Nike

mjd77

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas it is then.

This will be interesting. I thought for sure they would go with UnderArmor.

UA's lack of clout in basketball recruiting hurts them badly in battles where the money is similar.

They got Notre Dame because the adidas ship had sailed over the Michigan/adidas deal and Nike wouldn't offer anything in the ballpark. But UA's schools are at a massive disadvantage when it comes to summer events compared to Nike and adidas.

Something tells me there won't be any "tire tread" crap... I feel like Adidas will somehow incorporate the ibis into the shoulders

What makes you think Adidas will deviate from the skidmarks? They haven't changed it yet, and it one of the worst looks in college football.

Something tells me there won't be any "tire tread" crap... I feel like Adidas will somehow incorporate the ibis into the shoulders

What makes you think Adidas will deviate from the skidmarks? They haven't changed it yet, and it one of the worst looks in college football.

They added the tire treads to the pants in the US Army All-American game. They (unfortunately) aren't going anywhere any time soon.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

They added the tire treads to the pants in the US Army All-American game. They (unfortunately) aren't going anywhere any time soon.

If the Army All-America uniforms are what college teams will wear next year, the new tire treads on the jerseys are more visible and now extend down to the torso.

Arkansas State looked pretty good last night in the GoDaddy Bowl against Toledo.

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

16701853-mmmain.jpg

If Adidas can make a simple design for Miami, such as the one Arkansas State were wearing last night, I think fans will be happy. Most have been clamoring for a more, simple throwback look without all of the extras that Nike has added over the years.

From what I've read on the internet, Under Armour's biggest problem is their footwear. Auburn, South Carolina, Texas Tech fans have stated that the players/coaches/equipment managers for their teams have all said the same thing. UA's cleats are terrible in terms of fit and quality. At least Adidas started out as a shoe company so they know what they're doing.

Miami's old look (from the National title years in the 80's and arly 90's) is so dated. Don't know why anyone would want that back.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Arkansas State looked pretty good last night in the GoDaddy Bowl against Toledo.

If Adidas can make a simple design for Miami, such as the one Arkansas State were wearing last night, I think fans will be happy. Most have been clamoring for a more, simple throwback look without all of the extras that Nike has added over the years.

I wouldn't say they looked good. That's a bare-bones jersey. Plain pants and no jersey stripes, with the only design being the number and font. And even with that, Adidas still F'ed it up by putting the freaking numbers on the corner where the sleeve meets the shoulder. But they can't do it any other way because their clown jerseys are not made to fit humans.

If Adidas goes old-school with Miami, and I hope they do, it'll still look like ass because the sleeve stripes will still be way too high, and the pants stripes will be huge and unevenly stretched over the players' legs. The only teams Adidas doesn't butcher are teams with plain pants and a very small logo on the sleeves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Did Michigan get the ugly tire treads? If so, they were pretty unnoticeable on them.

Michigan's home uniforms are an older template. They've been horrible since moving to adidas, especially the away jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wouldn't say they looked good. That's a bare-bones jersey. Plain pants and no jersey stripes, with the only design being the number and font. And even with that, Adidas still F'ed it up by putting the freaking numbers on the corner where the sleeve meets the shoulder. But they can't do it any other way because their clown jerseys are not made to fit humans.

If Adidas goes old-school with Miami, and I hope they do, it'll still look like ass because the sleeve stripes will still be way too high, and the pants stripes will be huge and unevenly stretched over the players' legs. The only teams Adidas doesn't butcher are teams with plain pants and a very small logo on the sleeves.

The "feathers" are truly an embarrassment for Adidas.

7905807630_d7d9028389_o.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the only way they i think that they can make this work is to do a basic look, with the green/orange/green pants stripe, number on sleeve and sleeve stripes on an undershirt... and One traditional white helmet

no grey alternates, no black alternates...

3-jerseys 3-pants would be the craziest I would want to see.

The "feathers" are truly an embarrassment for Adidas.

7905807630_d7d9028389_o.png

The clipart feathers are above the tire treads on my list of completely awful, stupid design choices.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived