It's official...Miami also leaving Nike

mjd77

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as they sign a new contract, they need to put some of that $$$ into a new Orange Bowl replica stadium closer to their campus. They have destroyed their brand and cursed their team by moving into whatever the Miami Dolphins' stadium is called now.

Not going to happen....it's a small campus in a residential area.

As soon as they sign a new contract, they need to put some of that $$$ into a new Orange Bowl replica stadium closer to their campus. They have destroyed their brand and cursed their team by moving into whatever the Miami Dolphins' stadium is called now.

The few million dollars a year from Clothing Company X is not going to be the catalyst in a $300M stadium.

this is all i can think about reading this thread

miamiunderarmour_zps558ec036.png

Reminds me of the "prototype" (aka fan concept) Utah uniforms from a few years ago. Highly doubt UA changes the iconic U.

new+utah+unis.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not going to happen....it's a small campus in a residential area.
That's the crux of the issue, they probably should be closer to campus but cannot be too close as the school is in a middle/ upper middle class residential area. The key is to begin winning again because when they're good they attract more than just alumni and others connected to the school. It will be interesting to see if Shalala's replacement as President relaxes the rigorous admission and academic standards that athletes are now held to at Miami, they've got to keep the Miami metro kids from leaving.

After watching the Miami Beach Bowl, is it feasible to split games between both stadiums? It is where the Orange Bowl used to be.

Also, I saw a Miami basketball replica jersey at Ross today. Caught me by surprise since I'm in Texas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

After watching the Miami Beach Bowl, is it feasible to split games between both stadiums? It is where the Orange Bowl used to be.

Also, I saw a Miami basketball replica jersey at Ross today. Caught me by surprise since I'm in Texas.

The Marlins aren't interested in splitting time with a football team. That's the whole reason why they built Marlins Park. Miami needs a 35-45,000 stadium a half hour within campus, or else the football program will continue to faulter if they don't play well.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Is Nike going bankrupt or something, cause they're losing high profile clients in the world of soccer as well - Man Utd, Arsenal, Porto, now possibly Barcelona.

I wonder if the money they have to pour into the NFL has anything to do with it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Some of this is adidas and Under Armour just throwing money into the teams they're getting. Nike isn't going broke and they have tons if teams that they've got no reason to overspend to keep Miami. The U isn't even an elite ACC team so right now IF they switch someone else will move up

Is Nike going bankrupt or something, cause they're losing high profile clients in the world of soccer as well - Man Utd, Arsenal, Porto, now possibly Barcelona.

The same thing is happening with adidas. I think it's just a case of deciding where they want to project their branding. Manchester United went to adidas because they overpaid United's actual worth. Nike offered £60 mil a year, adidas offered £75 million a year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Obviously, Nike is big enough and has enough market share to be able to pick and choose exactly who they want to work with, so they should never be in a situation where they feel they have to overpay for anything. UA is still up and coming and trying to get their branding to bigger programs and to grab a little bit bigger piece of market share. And frankly, I don't know what the hell Adidas is trying to do.

Under Armour won't help too much with the retail basketball gear. Auburn is in the 3rd year of wearing the current uniforms, and I just now saw a jersey, let alone the shorts, in the stores. And the material is so flimsy and paperthin. I wear the old jersey at games and they are much better quality. The UA logo is actually embroidered on on the old jerseys, whereas the entire current one is screen printed. On the back of the jersey, above the nameplate, is a small AU button. The online stores show that the retail jerseys do indeed have a button. The one I saw yesterday had the button screen printed. It was pretty lackluster.

As a Maryland fan, agreed with your opinion on the replica jerseys. I own quite a few MD ones and they aren't great. I also own a bunch of MD UA shorts, those are nice though. Huge fan...very comfortable and they look good.

My biggest problem with UA retail on replicas?...They don't offer many options. Even for UA's flagship school in Maryland. For football there are plenty of different jersey colors. But in hoops? They have the 15th ranked team in the nation...and still haven't released replicas for hoops season.

Did they announce yet if they are signing with UA or Adidas?

marylandmini.png

Under Armour won't help too much with the retail basketball gear. Auburn is in the 3rd year of wearing the current uniforms, and I just now saw a jersey, let alone the shorts, in the stores. And the material is so flimsy and paperthin. I wear the old jersey at games and they are much better quality. The UA logo is actually embroidered on on the old jerseys, whereas the entire current one is screen printed. On the back of the jersey, above the nameplate, is a small AU button. The online stores show that the retail jerseys do indeed have a button. The one I saw yesterday had the button screen printed. It was pretty lackluster.

As a Maryland fan, agreed with your opinion on the replica jerseys. I own quite a few MD ones and they aren't great. I also own a bunch of MD UA shorts, those are nice though. Huge fan...very comfortable and they look good.

My biggest problem with UA retail on replicas?...They don't offer many options. Even for UA's flagship school in Maryland. For football there are plenty of different jersey colors. But in hoops? They have the 15th ranked team in the nation...and still haven't released replicas for hoops season.

Auburn and adidas? The contract runs through spring 2016. So we've got a while.

And I agree on basketball options. Like I said, I finally saw one of the current jerseys in stores. In the third year of this design. We only get maybe 2 different numbers to chose from. Auburn likes to do more with custom numbers and such. Not sure if that's just AU or what. But yes, UnderArmour makes some amazing shorts.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Auburn and adidas? The contract runs through spring 2016. So we've got a while.

And I agree on basketball options. Like I said, I finally saw one of the current jerseys in stores. In the third year of this design. We only get maybe 2 different numbers to chose from. Auburn likes to do more with custom numbers and such. Not sure if that's just AU or what. But yes, UnderArmour makes some amazing shorts.

I meant Miami...did they announce whether its Under Armour or Adidas?

marylandmini.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived