It's official...Miami also leaving Nike

mjd77

From what I've read on the internet, Under Armour's biggest problem is their footwear. Auburn, South Carolina, Texas Tech fans have stated that the players/coaches/equipment managers for their teams have all said the same thing. UA's cleats are terrible in terms of fit and quality. At least Adidas started out as a shoe company so they know what they're doing.

I've heard this too. Aesthetics aside, Adidas footwear is generally pretty good performance wise so at least they have that going for them.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wore both Nike and Under Armour cleats in high school and they both held up very well. The only knock on my UA cleats was a torn lace-loop that occurred because of a freak accident. They weren't as good as my Nikes though. Those were the best cleats I ever owned in any sport. Held up for four years of practices and games and I'd still wear them now

I can attest to Auburn complaining about footwear. Football players and managers have complained. Baseball players and basketball players too. Auburn quit using UA basketballs and footballs for the same reasons. They just aren't good enough.

I bought one pair of UA shoes last year. They were pretty good...for about 8 months or so. They weren't awful after that, just not nearly as good as I would like.

From what I've heard, Auburn players have told UA exactly what they can do to help make the shoes better, and they just don't listen.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

gravestone.jpg

Here lies our hopes and dreams for Miami, as they have succumbed to the power of the dark side. May they rest in peace, while wearing the ugliest crap ever.

You're an Auburn fan, correct? All I can say is get ready.

I have at least another year to worry.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Yahoo! reporting that some major recruits may de-commit from Miami based on Adidas shoes:

http://miami.racked.com/archives/2015/01/05/um-might-lose-recruits-to-serious-adidas-shoe-discrimination.php

For a moment, I thought I was in the "Proof the world is going to crap" thread.

Its a nice corollary to the NCAA Football thread discussing the decision of Oregon to wear non-school colors in the CFP Championship Game.

Nothing Adidas does to Miami will have them looking worse than this:

VFJWZOETCAUWTWN.20140412165143.jpg

I'm all for the move to Adidas. Give em a shot. Nike hasn't had the Canes looking good in years.

The Nike look from this past year made then look really good IMO. Yeah that's probably an unpopular opinion but it really made them look like Miami if that makes sense. Adidas will probably really simplify their look. I'd guess something along the lines of Mississippi State

Nothing Adidas does to Miami will have them looking worse than this:

VFJWZOETCAUWTWN.20140412165143.jpg

I'm all for the move to Adidas. Give em a shot. Nike hasn't had the Canes looking good in years.

The Nike look from this past year made then look really good IMO. Yeah that's probably an unpopular opinion but it really made them look like Miami if that makes sense. Adidas will probably really simplify their look. I'd guess something along the lines of Mississippi State

Fingers crossed

90758391980.gif

Archived