Good Logos, Bad Uniforms

BigBubba

I was at the Marlies-Admirals game on the weekend, and I was thinking of what a stark contrast in there was between the quality of their logos and uniforms. While flawed, I've always liked their cartoon pirate head, and the anchor logo on the shoulders is a nice touch. However, they have what might be the worst hockey uniforms I have ever seen.

MilAdsBlackSweater.jpg

rivermen-admirals_03-right.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'd go bad logo/bad uniform on this one.

(as an aside...their sponsor, the Brewers, is using their throwback logo...that must say something about how fans identify the team)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Right off the top of my head in the NHL: the Flames, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Kings, Predators, Senators, Penguins, Capitals and Jets.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Right off the top of my head in the NHL: the Flames, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Kings, Predators, Senators, Penguins, Capitals and Jets.

Exactly what is wrong with the Preds? The gold pops out really good on the navy, and the logo is clean, sharp, and a much better upgrade then what we had before. Everything about the Preds is much better than what they had before.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Exactly what is wrong with the Preds? The gold pops out really good on the navy, and the logo is clean, sharp, and a much better upgrade then what we had before. Everything about the Preds is much better than what they had before.

The template they're wearing is awful. Look at how much the Blues improved when they ditched that template. Their second Edge jerseys were an improvement over their first, I'll grant you that, but it was going from bad to slighty-less-bad. They can still do better.

I've got a simple solution: ditch the arch stripes and the "horns" and add a blue yoke to both jerseys. Problem solved.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The template works way better for us than the blues. At least on our uniforms they represent fangs, like the collar does.

That's a huge stretch. It's an ugly template no matter how you slice it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The template works way better for us than the blues. At least on our uniforms they represent fangs, like the collar does.

That's a huge stretch. It's an ugly template no matter how you slice it.

Yep, I'm with the Predators are in the bad uniforms category crowd.

Jersey_lineup1.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I was at the Marlies-Admirals game on the weekend, and I was thinking of what a stark contrast in there was between the quality of their logos and uniforms. While flawed, I've always liked their cartoon pirate head, and the anchor logo on the shoulders is a nice touch. However, they have what might be the worst hockey uniforms I have ever seen.

MilAdsBlackSweater.jpg

Agreed completely.

It's a shame, because I loved the sweaters they introduced with that logo:

admiralshomejersey.jpg

The roads were identical with gray in place of the white. Beautiful.

MilAdsBlackSweater.jpg

Agreed completely.

It's a shame, because I loved the sweaters they introduced with that logo:

admiralshomejersey.jpg

The roads were identical with gray in place of the white. Beautiful.

I love that logo, too. (I always assumed liking that logo was an unpopular opinion.)

I'd go bad logo/bad uniform on this one.

(as an aside...their sponsor, the Brewers, is using their throwback logo...that must say something about how fans identify the team)

All this.

The Admirals are the 3rd oldest hockey team in North America outside of the NHL, they should have a much more traditional look.

Archived