2015-16 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum.

I like the changes made so far to CHL uniforms. One thing that has always really bugged me in the QMJHL is the resemblance between Gatineau and Blainville's colour schemes...

Gatineau+Olympiques+v+Blainville+Boisbri

Welcome!

I agree, one team with a greyscale color scheme is pretty cool. But two makes it look silly. It's one color scheme that doesn't match up against itself well

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London Knights Jumpstart jersey:

12052477_879220582167955_404221439791165

I'm all for specialty jerseys and charity jerseys, but the grey makes this jersey looks so bland and boring. I don't know why they couldn't use red (for Canadian tire) or green (for the Knights) instead.

I'm gonna say it's grey to make the red Canadian Tire logo stand out. If CT is going to do this with other teams, maybe they ordered a bunch to save on costs with grey being a neutral colour.

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum.

I like the changes made so far to CHL uniforms. One thing that has always really bugged me in the QMJHL is the resemblance between Gatineau and Blainville's colour schemes...

Gatineau+Olympiques+v+Blainville+Boisbri

Welcome!

I agree, one team with a greyscale color scheme is pretty cool. But two makes it look silly. It's one color scheme that doesn't match up against itself well

Thank you!

Such a lazy re-design by the Olympiques...

At least this was original:

gatineau-olympiques-30-ryan-mior-01.jpg

New shoulder logo for the Generals

Jalen_Smereck___Content.jpg

OFQmFXK.jpg

Top says "Oshawa Generals Hockey Club"

Bottom lists Memorial Cup Championships

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The Olympiques never should've ditched those colors. They looked fantastic. What they have now is just dull and lifeless.

While I do agree, the black silver and white were their colours before, if any team that should have colour, it's the Armada.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Regina Pats have unveiled their new jerseys with a darker blue and a tweaked logo. I think it's a good simple look.

sports-jg-brandt%20centre%20regina-taylo

Compared to the previous.

Pats%20logo%20comparison.jpg

3041ce70-abef-11e4-adba-1b11fa674adb_wag

d426d860-92bc-11e4-892e-4d2e023f25a3_kli

According to this article: http://www.reginapats.com/article/pats-officially-unveil-next-generation-uniform, "the redesign comes after almost a year of planning". Really?! It took them a year and they just ended up ripping off the Rangers. It isn't a bad look, but I would've rather seen something a little more original.

Not a fan. Weak effort considering what they've used in the past.

chl_teams_remembrance_day_jerseys_honour

boedker_celly_ab37068_1.jpg

kitchenerrangersrememday.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

CHL vs Russia series is kicking off. I just tuned in time to hear the announcers talk about how Russia has a new logo, though it looks a lot like their old one, just without the outline. Their jersey is made by CCM and has the faux Nike laces.

FleuryHaydn2825.jpg

RussianBench2828.jpg

The Victoria Royals have unveiled their "Turn back the Clock" jerseys, throwing back to the Stanley Cup winning Victoria Cougars, and the subsequent junior franchise that left for Prince George.

12193504_992873190770608_258349287621987

Inspired by

Victoria_Cougars_1925_Jersey.JPG

and

w7o4638t21yaaemfg1cxtbgaj.gif

I think it could go without the vintage white, but aside from that I'm a fan.

CHL vs Russia series is kicking off. I just tuned in time to hear the announcers talk about how Russia has a new logo, though it looks a lot like their old one, just without the outline. Their jersey is made by CCM and has the faux Nike laces.

FleuryHaydn2825.jpg

RussianBench2828.jpg

I long for the day those faux laces are gone from the game of hockey forever. As for that black jersey, for the Canada/Russia Series, I like it.

Not a fan. Weak effort considering what they've used in the past.

boedker_celly_ab37068_1.jpg

This is still one of my favorite hockey sweaters of all-time, at any level.

Me too. It's perfection. I really wish I could buy one, but when I emailed Kitchener about selling Remembrance Day jerseys, they sold some of their next one, which was the rather bland Valour jerseys

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived