NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Nuggets: The typeface is definitely an improvement over Aachen, and I like that the colorway of the wordmarks matches the side panels (yellow inside, then navy, then light blue). The color of the numbers will determine if the new look works...can someone refresh me/us on what color they were in the Adidas catalog?

Hornets: I REALLY like the side panel design, but the black, sleeves, and "Buzz City" wordmark ruin it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...can someone refresh me/us on what color they were in the Adidas catalog?

CIZUrdWUAAAHgLT.jpg

That's right, navy blue. Not sure how that's going to look, I'll have to see an actual photograph and different numbers.
As mentioned way back...they should just bring these back..we're my favorite in the set.

kscgfw5g5ne526e5riseieg7k.gif

Another picture of the new alternate. The lighting in this shot should give us a better idea of what they'll actually look like on the court.

This angle really accentuates the difference in material of the side panel.

GMR55I8S6.jpg

Good observation I see the difference but still would have been cool to have honeycomb patterns inside the side panels
shado_logo.gif

Another picture of the new alternate. The lighting in this shot should give us a better idea of what they'll actually look like on the court.

GMR55I8S6.jpg

Good observation I see the difference but still would have been cool to have honeycomb patterns inside the side panels
I agree. It would have been cool to see that pattern, even if it was just sublimated.

The side panel material would make these look something like those infamous trash bag uniforms if they had used it all over.

9-21jerseys7.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I haven't really weighed in on Charlotte yet...there's some parts I like about it. Love the side panels, and I even am okay with the black (it's really hard to complain about black and teal together). But dang it...this whole "city nickname" deal has got to stop. It just doesn't seem professional to me at all, and is more fit for a fashion jersey. Go ahead and call me stingy or old fashioned, but I don't think there's a place for stuff like "Buzz City", "Rip City", "Motor City", etc in professional sports. If you want to rename yourself that officially, go ahead I guess. But if you are the "Charlotte Hornets", use your name.

Oh, and death to sleeves.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

GMR55I8S6.jpg

You mean it's not a clear material? :D

I like the idea of a black and teal jersey for the Hornets, but not that one. Some more purple would look so much better.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

What bugs me in that Hornets alt is the absence of purple.

That's not too bad. What bugs me about these is that they look like horsesh**.
Only thing really wrong is the sleeves..other than that..it's passable.

Buzz City? Black? These side panels? No pinstripes once again? These differences in fonts for Buzz City and the numbers? No purple? The fact that it doesn't look like a Hornets jersey at all?

Honestly, I'm fine with it. We're only gonna see it 12 times max over two years, and it doesn't look that bad. Purple would only muddy this up, and prevent correlation between this and the Panthers, which I didn't even think about. Sleeved jerseys are known for being terrible, but I'm just fine with this.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

...can someone refresh me/us on what color they were in the Adidas catalog?

CIZUrdWUAAAHgLT.jpg

That's right, navy blue. Not sure how that's going to look, I'll have to see an actual photograph and different numbers.
As mentioned way back...they should just bring these back..we're my favorite in the set.

kscgfw5g5ne526e5riseieg7k.gif

GMR55I8S6.jpg

I'd much rather see pinstripes added rather than honeycomb. Honeycomb, once added can go WAY too far. Example those Georgia Tech uniforms a year or two ago UGH

GMR55I8S6.jpg

You mean it's not a clear material? :D

I like the idea of a black and teal jersey for the Hornets, but not that one. Some more purple would look so much better.

That joke will never get old.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived