2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

Jim Tomsula is the uncle who is explicitly not invited to family barbecues.

The "he was involved in some Miami business in the 80s that landed him in jail" Uncle or the "show the jury where he touched you on the doll" Uncle?

Why can't it be both?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Tomsula is the uncle who is explicitly not invited to family barbecues.

The "he was involved in some Miami business in the 80s that landed him in jail" Uncle or the "show the jury where he touched you on the doll" Uncle?

Why can't it be both?

Because that uncle is the current offensive coordinator of the Ravens.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The fact that DeAngelo and Stewart lasted this long together (7 seasons now) is quite the accomplishment. However, both have been pretty banged up the last couple seasons.

Got a feeling Todd Gurley may fall into the Panthers' laps in the Draft. Pair him with a quality veteran (like a Blount) and Carolina suddenly has a scary offense. I don't think their cap situation is all that good, though.

The fact that DeAngelo and Stewart lasted this long together (7 seasons now) is quite the accomplishment. However, both have been pretty banged up the last couple seasons.

Got a feeling Todd Gurley may fall into the Panthers' laps in the Draft. Pair him with a quality veteran (like a Blount) and Carolina suddenly has a scary offense. I don't think their cap situation is all that good, though.

Per overthecap.com

If cut now the Panthers will take a $5.6 million dead money charge that consists of $3.2 million from his original signing bonus and $2.4 million in bonus money from his renegotiated deal. I believe as long as he is cut before the official start of the 2015 League Year (March 10) they will not have to account for the option bonus on the salary cap. This represents a savings of $733,333 against the salary cap, which is in essence a push. If I am incorrect and the option counts the team will lose cap space by releasing him as his dead money number will jump to $6.6 million with the team receiving a $1 million credit in 2016 for the non paid option.

If the team uses the June 1 designation on Williams they will carry Williams at $6.33 million against the cap until June 2. On June 2 the only charge remaining for the year will be $4.333 million, which is the $3.2 million from his orginal signing bonus, $800,000 from his renegotiated bonus, and $333,333 from his option bonus. If they opt for this route they will carry $1.6 million in dead charges in 2016, all from his 2013 renegotiation, and receive a $333,333 credit against the salary cap for the option bonus allocation in 2015 that was never paid.

This method of release would give the Panthers an additional $2 million in cap room, which should be enough to account for their rookies. I think that makes this the better option for the team given their salary cap situation.

When the strategy turns from, "Let's improve on a division championship team." to "Let's hope the rest of the division gets worse." in two years.

Seriously, I have little clue what Dave Gettleman is doing. I don't know if the gold pot is on the other side of the rainbow, but you're cutting not only productive players, but also fan favorites.

Regarding the Draft, they have to take an OT sometime early. You can't let Newton get killed anymore. Now, the laundry list of players to find this offseason grows, to RB, WR, OT, maybe a DB or LB, and depending on what they do with Greg Hardy, a DL. I've been surprised before with this team, but this seems like one step forward, one step back.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Really hoping the Dez Bryant rumors aren't true.

This is what I found (which isn't much). There's some bad video of Dez that's supposedly worse than Ray Rice, correct?

You'd think the NFL would have learned to get out in front of this, rather than read Adam Schefter has been "working on it" since last fall. Jesus, NFL. Get your :censored: together.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is what I found (which isn't much). There's some bad video of Dez that's supposedly worse than Ray Rice, correct?

You'd think the NFL would have learned to get out in front of this, rather than read Adam Schefter has been "working on it" since last fall. Jesus, NFL. Get your :censored: together.

The weird thing is that nothing is really confirmed. Schefter basically confirmed that there was a rumor that there was a video. He hasn't seen anything. Yet many are relatively certain there is something to see even though nobody's seen it.

The weird thing is that nothing is really confirmed. Schefter basically confirmed that there was a rumor that there was a video. He hasn't seen anything. Yet many are relatively certain there is something to see even though nobody's seen it.

Exactly, nothing is confirmed and when Deadspin details that they don't anything and three different people who contacted them have three different stories (& none have seen the incident), it's safe to question validity.

http://deadspin.com/if-the-dez-bryant-video-exists-well-buy-it-1688021515

Rex Ryan's new paint job:

rex-ryan-truck.jpg?resize=600%2C338

Well, at least he fits in with his new locals.

I once saw a dead deer strung to a truck's front grille, while driving Grand Island NY.

Just imagine if you were out in the boonies!

Rog wants to suspend Peterson for 2015.

AP apparently was being paid in full during 2014 because he was forced out via league exemption... pre Rog finding out how bad domestic abuse really is (in the public eye*).

So yeah... AP being set up for his first season of punishment, the Vikings now their 2nd lols, unable to trade him.

Word is the Vikes would try to ask AP for his 2014 salary as a penalty 'balance owed' lols... thereby retroactively suspending him without pay lols.

Dallas has some good karma around all this AP chatter... what with the Dez vid rumours. Film at 11.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Rog wants to suspend Peterson for 2015.

AP apparently was being paid in full during 2014 because he was forced out via league exemption... pre Rog finding out how bad domestic abuse really is (in the public eye*).

So yeah... AP being set up for his first season of punishment, the Vikings now their 2nd lols, unable to trade him.

Word is the Vikes would try to ask AP for his 2014 salary as a penalty 'balance owed' lols... thereby retroactively suspending him without pay lols.

Dallas has some good karma around all this AP chatter... what with the Dez vid rumours. Film at 11.

Federal Judge David Doty loves to rule against the NFL and so does his Minneapolis colleague Judge Susan Richard Nelson.

It isn't just Dallas ready to pounce; Arizona just freed up some money from Larry Fitzgerald.

Bold prediction for upcoming free agency...

DeMarco Murray LEAVES Dallas for....

Baltimore

What's wrong with Justin Forsett and Bernard Pierce? Not great, but they're not going to pay a bunch of cash for an injury-prone back like Murray when they already have 2 decent guys. Flacco and Murray would take up to much cap space.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived