Colors that have gone away that really need to come back

MCM0313

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Powder Blue, it's another one of those "trendy" colors that burst onto the scene, was quickly overused, and then disappeared. It's a really nice shade of blue that could use some more love.

I love how the Bucks are bringing it back!

Kelly Green or what the original poster described as simply "green" had been entirely absent from the NHL for a decade. Its last trace was eradicated when the Hartford Whalers became the Carolina Hurricanes in 1997, and it didn't return until the 07 Canucks re brand. Thankfully the Dallas Stars have brought it back to primary status where it belongs.

Setting aside DC's NFL team's burgundy, I can't think of a single major pro sports team (unless you consider the MLS as "major") that uses maroon, so...maroon. (Or garnet if you prefer.)

Man, that's crazy. Maroon and burgundy used to be everywhere. They're still overrepresented in college sports, though, so that gives it some balance.

(Although: I'm pretty sure the Diamondbacks' main color is textbook maroon.)

Also, as other posters have noted, Colorado Avalanche and Cleveland Cavaliers.

Honestly - and I love teal - but I think that things are pretty good for the color, all things considered. With the new Hornets bringing back the color, I can only think of two teams that should seriously think about bringing it back, the Ducks and Diamondbacks. All the other teams who used it have either kept it (Sharks, Jaguars, etc), upgraded to a better color scheme (Marlins, maybe Diamondbacks), or - if they were using it as a trend and nothing else - dropped it (Pistons). That's pretty good for a 90's fad.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Royals Blue and Yellow. San Jose State uses it and I believe McNeese State uses it, not many else though.

I think you're forgetting the Golden State Warriors.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Another is a *bright* metallic gold. The Saints used to have this, as did the Colorado Buffaloes. UCLA football still wears it, but many of the others have either darkened or dulled (or both) their shades of gold, for whatever reason.

Thank God for the Vikings

1411953741000-USP-NFL-Atlanta-Falcons-at

Archived