Chicago Bulls Logo *New 2.0 Shape*

hettinger_rl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is pretty damn good. However, there are a few visual issues that I can't get around. Despite what the source material/image shows, there seems to be too much forehead and not enough eyes. The snout, ears and horns look just about perfect... and I don't mean that as an exaggeration... they look nearly perfect. It just seems there needs to be more eyes and less forehead... it may reduce the "grumpy old man" look.

To me it looks like a grumpy old man bull.

that's immediately what came to my mind.

Well I could go in a direction more like the Bucks....

2lc8jlx.jpg34sle04.jpgr0b9tk.jpg5ahx6w.jpg

No. The nose is too weird (even if the ref pics don't back me up) and I don't like the idea of angled horns.

Here is a version with high and low lights:

2vx0wuh.jpg

Yeah, the current Bulls logo isn't good at all. It has really started to bother me the last year or two. To me, though, your update isn't really much of an upgrade. I think it is because the bull looks old, tired, and grumpy (maybe even apathetic). He doesn't look aggressive or menacing. (He looks like he will be the old bull who yells at you for walking on his lawn instead of a young, aggressive bull who will gore you if you walk on his lawn.)

I actually kind-of like your last bull in the previous post. It is too cartoony and has too many points and odd curves, but it has some aggression that is good. Maybe try incorporating some elements of it into what you currently have to make the logo look younger and more aggressive.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Ditch the lowlights. make it 2-color. 3 is too much.

tinysig.jpg

I like the expression on this latest bull. You've really captured the facial features of a bull. On the post with four variations of the bull, I'm getting a "bat" vibe from some of those, so I'd say stick with the main one you're working on.

Like Jake3roo said, you have too many reds in there. I like the two lighter red areas above each brow and the snout. They've given this a lot of depth, but if you started using the darkest color of your logo, in this case black, to make thick shadows as opposed to using various darker shades of red for shadows, that would really help this go from a good "illustration" to a good "logo". Right now, the black ear shadow is the only place where black is really acting as a shadow rather than a thin outline. If you can, try not to thicken the black outline as you did in the latest update, which extends the shape of the whole logo outward, keep the outline in the same place and work your way inward with dark shadows, if I'm making any sense.

There's a lot to like about this, but thicker shapes/less shades of red will help.

Thicker outline:

2195tnk.jpg

I personally think this is awesome. Bulls are supposed to look pissed off. I think the eyes look a bit small. They may be anatomically correct here, but for the sake of hte logo they feel a little small. Execution wise this is incredible. I like including the sky blue of the Chicago flag on there.

The updates you've made are fantastic. It's a quality logo all around. However, and this might sound weird and I'm probably in the minority, it's almost looks too life-like (aside from the color) for a sports logo. Not sure if that makes sense, but I would reference the Grizzlies, Hornets and even the Timberwolves. You know the animals they are meant to be, but they don't exactly look like them--especially the Grizzlies.

I'm probably not explaining this very well.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

The updates you've made are fantastic. It's a quality logo all around. However, and this might sound weird and I'm probably in the minority, it's almost looks too life-like (aside from the color) for a sports logo. Not sure if that makes sense, but I would reference the Grizzlies, Hornets and even the Timberwolves. You know the animals they are meant to be, but they don't exactly look like them--especially the Grizzlies.

I'm probably not explaining this very well.

I agree as good as it looks close to lifelike..doesnt necessarily translate to a good looking basketball team logo. Lifelike doesnt always = the best. Your logo is still nice.
shado_logo.gif

Taking comments into consideration, I've retooled the shape. Better or worse?

35i5cpf.jpg

The face from this one, with the overall shape of the previous iteration, and I think you've got it.

rATMcmK.png

Taking comments into consideration, I've retooled the shape. Better or worse?

35i5cpf.jpg

The face from this one, with the overall shape of the previous iteration, and I think you've got it.

I don't know...

10nxc1y.jpg

This one is OK,

2btj12.jpg

Not lovin either.

I think the toon-ish face needs to be with the toon-ish shape and the same to the real-ish one.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived