Minnesota Timberwolves Rebrand

Twinberwolvikings

This...and I'll add to that...I miss this court

0f159bdf593cf32b124e053d4cec7168.jpg

The paint was busy but the trees on the sidelines was so cool

Wait, did the original court have that paint inconsistency with each team's jump ball circle?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timberwolves.png

What was so wrong with these?

Green-check

Tree collar- check

Font- check

Just fix the collar and get rid of the piping and they're perfect

These were fantastic! How they lasted just three seasons before being replaced with the bland, generic garbage they wear know I'll never know.

Shouldn't they wait to see whether Dallas makes a change? They always kinda seem to want to dress like the Mavs.

My favorite Wolves uniforms of all time are definitely the inaugural. Subsequent uniforms have tried way to hard with the number font, have marginalized (and then eliminated) green in favor of black, and have tended to be lacking in any vivid color (save for those shown below).

What I would like them to do is get green back into the mix. Add it to the current secondary logo (and make it the primary) and to trim on the jerseys and number/letter outlines. Dump either black or silver (preferably black) and have a look that seems like a natural progression from the inaugural look. Trees on the collar are not needed (particularly since I want black out).

Green-check

Tree collar- check

Font- check

These were fantastic! How they lasted just three seasons before being replaced with the bland, generic garbage they wear know I'll never know.

My only beef with these is that there needed to be green on the wordmark/number outlines. I really don't like the idea of taking a color and making it prominent on the side but not on the front/back elements...kinda like the Canucks' use of green. On the home jersey, green numbers/letters would be great. On the road, replace the silver outlines with green. I could definitely deal with those uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Doesn't look like it:

basketball_court.jpg

That isn't the original court. They originally had a Mavs-esque look.

...which wasn't my point. I was comparing to the rendering posted above and answering the question about it.

This...and I'll add to that...I miss this court

0f159bdf593cf32b124e053d4cec7168.jpg

The paint was busy but the trees on the sidelines was so cool

Wait, did the original court have that paint inconsistency with each team's jump ball circle?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 months later...

Aside from that being a confirmed concept and not what the TWolves are actually planning to roll out (amongst other things, such as why would you make a Tumblr to announce your new identity?), you can read some of the text and get a feeling that there's a chance that it wasn't written by a professional.

It snows in Minnesota (a lot). Instead of hiding from this fact, we embrace it. Do you see the tree shape in the snowflake too? Now you do. The tree shape can also be seen as arrows indicating a basketball bouncing up-and-down. It also resembles a basketball being passed around the court quickly.

I'm not the best at finding Nikespeak, but I think it's safe to say that this isn't. Also, it says at the bottom that it's not officially affiliated with Nike, the NBA, the Wolves, et al.
As for the concept itself... I'd like a wolf in there somewhere. Not the tree-wolf, like an actual wolf.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

The original jerseys were rec league trash.

Yeah, I don't get what people loved about those. They looked too much like the Mavericks of the time, who also looked bad. Even for 1989, they could have done better (see Orlando).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You can call me crazy, but I kind of like this rebrand idea.

I know it's not real, but I really think there is some good potential here, and I could actually see Nike doing a uniform style like this for various teams in the league.

But I do agree that Minnesota does need a rebrand. The "Wolf howling at the moon" logo should be their primary, and lets call it a day.

I agree... well, except for the lack of green. I don't like the elimination of green from their identity.

That other concept is hot garbage.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Timberwolves.png

Green-check

Tree collar- check

Font- check

I agree, these were fantastic. If anything, i'd get rid of the double outline. Only real thing I would change.

I really hope the T-Wolves aren't serious about this design.

fI sure hope they dont go this route, the white and half black with green color words is OK but this is not a good look for the Twolves at all. their kelly green rebrand uni's in the mid 2000's were to much. the uni's right now are ok not too bad they need to make the secondary logo their main logo and update the orginal unis .

Archived