kw11333

Teams In The Wrong Stadium

This program is really cool - from the second of two seasons the Yankees played their home games at Shea Stadium during renovations to Yankee Stadium.

1975Yankeesprogram-01-cover-SheaSta.jpg

- It may be video, but it happened again for one night in April 1998 due to a hunk of concrete falling @ Yankee Stadium.

The Cubs "hosting" the Astros at Miller Park because of Hurricane Ike. Carlos Zambrano threw a no-no. Note the two teams wearing gray pants. Cubs elected to use the visitor's clubhouses and do their road game routine so they wouldn't feel out of place.

9478124_orig.jpg

It's kinda diffucult to see, but the Marlins once played a home game at Safeco Field a few years ago. They switched the locations because U2 was having a concert in Miami.

dobbs.jpg?w=555&h=322

That time where the Blue Jays was the home team against the Phillies in Philadelphia because of the G2 Summit in Toronto.

2010+Jun+27+029.jpg

Remember about 10 or so years ago when the Chargers moved a Monday nighter to Arizona because of wildfires? (Given that was the one and only time the Bolts went monochrome navy, probably)

I remember watching the first game of that Astros-Cubs series...honestly, one of the strangest feelings a baseball game ever gave me, mainly because Zambrano was rarely as calm as he looked that night.

Fun for me, the Carolina Panthers played in Clemson Memorial Stadium in 1995 while BoA Stadium was being built:

2628601365_38d7f46d20.jpg

Cubs were the road team against the Astros at Miller. My memory could be off but I think I recall people thinking Houston wore gray pants as a protest because they had to play the Cubs so close to Chicago.

1787645_medium.jpg

For their first two years, the Carolina Hurricanes played at the rather cavernous Greensboro Coliseum before the PNC Arena was completed.

On that note....

image53.gif

^ The quote of the sign on the left was mentioned in nhluniforms.com.

Vikings vs. Giants at Ford Field after the Metrodome collapse.

[pictures redacted]

That [mod edit:]Vikings game was one of the saddest days of my life, Favre's consecutive start streak ending.

Edited by Mockba
Don't need to use a homophobic/misogynistic nickname, or quote multiple pictures to post one unrelated line.

Grizzlies played for three years at the Pyramid before the Forum opened

arena.jpg

Now the Pyramid is a giant bait shop.

basspro14.jpg?w=1024

For the Packers, maybe not necessarily "wrong" stadium, but 2nd home, County Stadium.1990s%2BCounty%2BStadium-11.jpg

The 2002 Chicago Bears played an entire season in Memorial Stadium in Champaign Illinois (Hardly 3 miles from my Urbana home) while Solider Field was being renovated.

Memorial Stadium was also in Madden 2003 because of this.

That Northwestern game was against Illinois, not ND. I remember they couldn't use one of the endzones due to the end line being too close to the outfield wall.

They used the end zone, not the goalposts. They could still score there just not kick PA's and FG's

Giants had home games at the Yale Bowl in New Haven CT while the Meadowlands was being built.

Couldn't find a good photo.

I can't find pics of it but the Rays played a home series at Disney's Wild World Of Sports in 2008, and the Lightning also played a couple home games at the Orlando Arena. Of course, the Lightning used to call the Trop (known then as Thunderdome) home.

a4s_raysdejavu06231_127723a_8col.jpg

Those were good times!

That Northwestern game was against Illinois, not ND. I remember they couldn't use one of the endzones due to the end line being too close to the outfield wall.

Doh! You're right!

Am I crazy for thinking that ND had a game there too?

52632321-the-washington-nationals-take-t

Would the Nationals in RFK semi-work for this? I feel like it was just a placeholder for their new stadium although obviously there was a lot more thought that went into it compared to the rest of these.