Teams In The Wrong Stadium

kw11333

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised no one mentioned the Red Sox-Dodgers preseason game that took place at LA Memorial Coliseum in 2008, with supposedly the largest crowd to ever see an MLB game (115,301).

2374935612_d63ebf27f2.jpg?v=0

I went to that game and while I don't remember a whole lot, I do remember how big and weird it was. It's hard to tell in this photo, but because the left field wall was so close (Reuters tells me that it was 201 feet and that only one ball went over the fence there), the teams ended up playing with five infielders.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

From 1975-1995, the Boston Celtics would play up to 5 home games a year at the Hartford Civic Center.

Couldn't find a good image, but here's a YouTube link from 1985 during Michael Jordan's rookie season with Chicago:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Indians playing at Miller Park in 2007 due to snow at Progressive:

indians-med.jpg

Angels playing at Dodger Stadium from 1962-1965, could not find a photo.

Fantasy turned reality, sorta. Anyone remember the Major League movies? The first one was shot at the old Milwaukee County Stadium, but it was based on the Indians.

And Major League II (underrated, by the way) was shot at Camden Yards.

OPACY_disguised_as_Cleveland_Stadium,_ML

Wassup Cerano?

2014: Cal hosts Oregon at Levi's Stadium

images_zps63dgngsn.jpg

1985: SMU hosts Texas at Texas Stadium

2011: Cal hosts Fresno State at Candlestick

We actually played an entire season at AT&T Park due to stadium renovations at Memorial Stadium:

Early games had the diamond, later it was barely visible

maxresdefault.jpg

A1799.jpg

This was how Pac Bell was configured for the XFL's San Francisco Demons games. I thought it looked really cool at night for football.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Copper Bowl (then the Insight Bowl) Ticket City Copper Bowll will be played at Chase Field the next couple of years, due to the Extensive remodel at Arizona State University's Sun Devil Stadium

FootballatChaseField.jpg

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Dodger-Stadium-soccer.jpg

Soccer @ Dodger Stadium in 2013. Does this look weird to you?

I was there that night. It was a double header: Real Madrid v. Everton and Juventus v. L.A.Galaxy in the International Champions Cup.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I can't find pics of it but the Rays played a home series at Disney's Wild World Of Sports in 2008, and the Lightning also played a couple home games at the Orlando Arena. Of course, the Lightning used to call the Trop (known then as Thunderdome) home.

a4s_raysdejavu06231_127723a_8col.jpg

The Lightning played their first season (1992-93) in the tiny-as-hell 11,000 seat Fairgrounds Expo Hall.

a4s_raysdejavu06231_127724a_8col.jpg

ClAFLDa.png

Somebody's forgetting...

[Hornets in OKC pics]

I'll do you one better: because the moving of the Hornets to OKC in 2006 had to be done so quickly, they actually had to play one game in Norman, OK because of a Bon Jovi concert that had been previously scheduled in Oklahoma City.

bPUpJTF.jpg

What if we create a conjoined spin-off thread of "Players in the wrong uniforms of teams that play in the wrong stadiums".....double whammy.

I can't find pics of it but the Rays played a home series at Disney's Wild World Of Sports in 2008, and the Lightning also played a couple home games at the Orlando Arena. Of course, the Lightning used to call the Trop (known then as Thunderdome) home.

a4s_raysdejavu06231_127723a_8col.jpg

The Lightning played their first season (1992-93) in the tiny-as-hell 11,000 seat Fairgrounds Expo Hall.

a4s_raysdejavu06231_127724a_8col.jpg

That's awesome..looks like a high school state championship game. Also, very odd that only the Canada flag is up...unless the American is on the opposite wall, but they're normally somewhat side by side.

sig.png

Archived