MLB Mound Logos

Baseballfan

Hello everyone of CCSLC,

I had a random idea for a thread. You know those logos that many MLB teams have on the back of their pitchers mounds? I have recently started noticing those more and more and thought many of them are really cool. So post any examples of those that you have seen and like. Here are some that I've seen from either posts on this site or elsewhere. Also--does anyone know how these are made?

mkvn68.jpg]
14j85s3.jpg
33k6sjs.jpg
11iczsw.jpg

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

I like it all the other sports have logo in the middle of the field I would love to see MLB put their logo behind home plate.

Getting off topic here, but I always liked how the National League logo was painted behind home plate at Shea for the 1986 and 1988 NLCS. This was before the LCS had real logos and well before teams started putting their logos on the field.

6dLbkzV.jpg

--

Also, the Citi Field bullpen mounds have logos for each team on them. Too lazy to find a pic.

The Angels use stencil and darker dirt, plus the mound is given a halo with lighter dirt/less hosed down or whatever they do.

web_20150904_rangers_vs_angels_3354.jpg

I like the monochrome dark (or light) dirt method much more than the painted full-color look.

It looks like Detroit's might be solid navy, which doesn't look bad, either.

21-back-of-mound-hat-d.jpg

Archived