Bucfan56

MLB 2016 Changes

Recommended Posts

Well, i don't need my games to be so detailed, now you'll excuse me, i am going back to my game of double dribble for NES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thomas said:

You blame videogame makers for being inaccurate ? I would suggest blaming the league for screwing around with the uniforms. How are video game makers gonna keep up with all the new silly stuff

 

I presime you missed the part where the video game company dropped the Brewers' alternate uni from the game.  You know, the alternate they've had for a decade and which is arguably more popular then the regular uniform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the Red Sox play the Orioles right now.  Looks like the O's use the road batting helmet for all ST games.  The white uniforms look really sharp with the black helmet (no contrasting front panel).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thomas said:

NEWell, i don't need my games to be so detailed, now you'll excuse me, i am going back to my game of double dribble for NES

Best game ever. Give me some Boston Frogs and Double Dribble any day. Video gaming has been down hill ever since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

I presime you missed the part where the video game company dropped the Brewers' alternate uni from the game.  You know, the alternate they've had for a decade and which is arguably more popular then the regular uniform?

But isn't there something about the Brewers for this upcoming season have a new navy alternate, which looks like the one from last year, just the sleeve patch has changed ? I am sorry, i can't keep up with the Brewers uniform changes  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Totems!! said:

Best game ever. Give me some Boston Frogs and Double Dribble any day. Video gaming has been down hill ever since.

Yeah, half court shots are the norm in that game, Curry got nothing on the dudes in that game :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2016 at 3:17 PM, Ray Lankford said:

Is The Show usually spot on with its All-Star Game jerseys? Cause this doesn't make any sense. Making them brown and yellow, sure, but the bubble font? And with orange accents? 

 

The Padres have used that new font (though it's not actually new) on everything but they're not going to use it on the ASG jerseys?

They are accurate save for 2013 and 2011.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2016 at 10:30 PM, Ark said:

I don't know why it's so hard for these games to include every uniform set. 

because it might come down rights issue (Nationals dont own the Expo logos i think*)

*which is funny that the Nats honor the some ex Expos players in the ring of honor.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thomas said:

But isn't there something about the Brewers for this upcoming season have a new navy alternate, which looks like the one from last year, just the sleeve patch has changed ? I am sorry, i can't keep up with the Brewers uniform changes  :D

 

You don't get paid to keep up with uniform changes, though.  That's kind of the catch when it comes to The Show.

 

Enjoy your Double Dribble.  Hopefully you're not using a 56K modem to log on this board.  I mean, it is hard to keep up with stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

because it might come down rights issue (Nationals dont own the Expo logos i think*)

*which is funny that the Nats honor the some ex Expos players in the ring of honor.  

 

 

I believe Major League Baseball owns the intellectual property, but the Nationals still claim the Expos' record books while not observing retired numbers. I know that the prevailing wisdom now is that memories and achievements belong in their native cities, and I tend to agree, but I make an exception for baseball, where relocations are few and far between but often include cornerstone franchises that can't honestly be made to abandon their histories: Dodgers, Giants, Braves, A's. It's kinda cool that the Habs are the Expos' custodian of records (and of Youppi!) now, but I wish the Nats had been honest about their Montreal roots instead of the hash they made of pretending they were established in 1905 or whatever that crap was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:51 PM, BJ Sands said:

Good move by the Cubs. 

 

 

 

 

The jersey always seemed a bit forced. They won't be missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

I believe Major League Baseball owns the intellectual property, but the Nationals still claim the Expos' record books while not observing retired numbers. I know that the prevailing wisdom now is that memories and achievements belong in their native cities, and I tend to agree, but I make an exception for baseball, where relocations are few and far between but often include cornerstone franchises that can't honestly be made to abandon their histories: Dodgers, Giants, Braves, A's. It's kinda cool that the Habs are the Expos' custodian of records (and of Youppi!) now, but I wish the Nats had been honest about their Montreal roots instead of the hash they made of pretending they were established in 1905 or whatever that crap was.

It's still weird, and a waste of space to see a large Warren Spahn statute outside Turner Field, Spahn never pitched for the Atlanta Braves. It's better to use that space for the likes of a Chipper Jones, for example. I think the smartest way to handle this situation is with perspective, but teams like the ego boost from trying to grab something which isn't 

connected to their fan base. Don't abandon the history, but don't go overboard with nostalgia about something almost no one cares about in your area. Several years ago, I saw someone with a SF Giants hat claiming the NY Giant WS titles, it was a sad sight. 

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

It's still weird, and a waste of space to see a large Warren Spahn statute outside Turner Field, Spahn never pitched for the Atlanta Braves. It's better to use that space for the likes of a Chipper Jones, for example.

 

Why not both? You're moving to an office park in the suburbs, you'll have space for Rabbit freakin' Maranville if you're so inclined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

It's still weird, and a waste of space to see a large Warren Spahn statute outside Turner Field, Spahn never pitched for the Atlanta Braves. It's better to use that space for the likes of a Chipper Jones, for example. I think the smartest way to handle this situation is with perspective, but teams like the ego boost from trying to grab something which isn't 

connected to their fan base. Don't abandon the history, but don't go overboard with nostalgia about something almost no one cares about in your area. Several years ago, I saw someone with a SF Giants hat claiming the NY Giant WS titles, it was a sad sight. 

 

It makes perfect sense for that Giant fan to identify with the entire history of the team; that's exactly what a fan should be doing.  And the Spahn statue is the appropriate acknowledgement of a Braves legend -- as was Roy Campanella Day at the Los Angeles Coliseum, and as was Lefty Grove of the Philadelphia A's throwing out the first ball at Game 1 of the 1972 World Series in Oakland.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

I believe Major League Baseball owns the intellectual property, but the Nationals still claim the Expos' record books while not observing retired numbers. I know that the prevailing wisdom now is that memories and achievements belong in their native cities, and I tend to agree, but I make an exception for baseball, where relocations are few and far between but often include cornerstone franchises that can't honestly be made to abandon their histories: Dodgers, Giants, Braves, A's. It's kinda cool that the Habs are the Expos' custodian of records (and of Youppi!) now, but I wish the Nats had been honest about their Montreal roots instead of the hash they made of pretending they were established in 1905 or whatever that crap was.

 

As an Expos fan give me that 1905 Washington crap all day every day. I'd be disgusted seeing the Nats trying to pretend that they give a damn about the Expos and/or Montreal... I don't hate the Nats, I even kinda like them but they are the Washington Nationals not the former Expos and it's perfect that way. There should be two options these days. Whether you go all in keeping everything or you leave everything behind. The Thunder who took a gigantic dump on Seattle wanting to "share" their titles anyway is a perfect example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't say they should pretend to give a damn about the Expos. I said they should honestly give a damn about the Expos. Keep the retired numbers retired and publicly honored, the 1994 banner, the whoop-whoop-whoop siren that went off for home runs, whatever else constitutes Exponess other than French. Team was around for 36 years and meant a fair bit; the memories shouldn't just disappear into the ether like they were the Seattle Pilots or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cujo said:

 

The jersey always seemed a bit forced. They won't be missed.

I agree with you, but at the same time...I wish the Cubs would switch up their visiting uniform.  The current one has always just been so boring in my mind.  I know it's not much different besides a font change, but I'd love a return to this - 9165906-large.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mightyduck said:

I agree with you, but at the same time...I wish the Cubs would switch up their visiting uniform.  The current one has always just been so boring in my mind.  I know it's not much different besides a font change, but I'd love a return to this - 9165906-large.jpg

 

 

I just wish they would use it, rather than defaulting to blue almost every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I didn't say they should pretend to give a damn about the Expos. I said they should honestly give a damn about the Expos. Keep the retired numbers retired and publicly honored, the 1994 banner, the whoop-whoop-whoop siren that went off for home runs, whatever else constitutes Exponess other than French. Team was around for 36 years and meant a fair bit; the memories shouldn't just disappear into the ether like they were the Seattle Pilots or something.

 

You can't force a team, or a fanbase, or really anyone, to "give a damn" about anything.  If the Expos mattered that much, they would be honored more than they are being honored.  The team and/or the fans would have already pushed for this.

 

The fact is that Nationals players and fans don't really feel any sort of connection to the Expos.  That's why you don't see what you are asking for.  They were around for 36 years?  So what?  Must have not been such a meaningful 36 years if they just picked up and left, and aren't being remembered very well even with all that "history."  Might be time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.