infrared 41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 7

infrared41

What's with the Titans mono-blue hate? I happen to think they pull the mono-blue off well.

I'd actually prefer the mono columbia and I know I'm in the huge minority that actually likes that look. So I'd even settle for this...

Titans-2-590x464.jpg

Maybe someday President Tommy Smith will stop being such a dick and use those jerseys again.

You'd settle for that? That's the best possible combination the Titans have. It was criminal that it took them so long to wear it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What's with the Titans mono-blue hate? I happen to think they pull the mono-blue off well.

Because monochromes look awful in general, and theirs with a white helmet looks like the equipment manager forgot to order the correct team-color helmets, so he had to stick their decals on plain white helmets he picked up at the sporting good store.

This. They look just as bad as the Bills in all blue with their white lid or the Browns in all brown with the orange helmet. This just looks so wrong...

102515oakvssd_mn_255.jpg?itok=VvyQw6ko

IMO the Raiders have top 3 set in the league, pair that with the Powder blues and you have yourself a great looking game. Top 3 uni matchup of the year... :therock:

If the Chargers were wearing their classic powder blues? Yes. In their current bastardized modern "updated" powder blues? No.

IMO the Raiders have top 3 set in the league, pair that with the Powder blues and you have yourself a great looking game. Top 3 uni matchup of the year... :therock:

If the Chargers were wearing their classic powder blues? Yes. In their current bastardized modern "updated" powder blues? No.

Or if the Chargers were wearing any one of these...

air-cory.jpgdan_fouts_home_uniforms.jpghi-res-2368255_display_image.jpgnfl-chargers-tomlinson-21-stock-pic.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

infrared41: "Minnesota (along with Buffalo) should be on page one in the "How to Update a Uniform" handbook".

Until the Vikings or Bills switch to white socks when wearing their purple or royal blue pants I wouldn't put either of them in that handbook.

infrared41: "Minnesota (along with Buffalo) should be on page one in the "How to Update a Uniform" handbook".

Until the Vikings or Bills switch to white socks when wearing their purple or royal blue pants I wouldn't put either of them in that handbook.

What I'm about to say is tantamount to blasphemy around here: I don't get too caught up in the whole sock thing. To me, socks are like wristbands or gloves, they're just an accessory. I don't pay much attention to them. Sorry.

BB52Big.jpg

Patriots-Jets would have been my number 1 if not for that damn one helmet rule...

tom-brady-mark-sanchez-nfl-new-york-jets

If the Jets could have worn the white Titans throwbacks with the Patriots in red,it would totally be my number 1...

Let me see if I have this straight. Are you saying that if the Pats and Jets had worn entirely different uniforms (I'm assuming you meant their AFL throwbacks), the game would have topped your list? Is that why you brought up the one helmet rule?

BB52Big.jpg

What I'm about to say is tantamount to blasphemy around here: I don't get too caught up in the whole sock thing. To me, socks are like wristbands or gloves, they're just an accessory. I don't pay much attention to them. Sorry.

Socks and Pants being the same color is at least passable when there's stripes on the pants to break it up a little. Like the Vikings and Bills have. When there's no stripe like the Ravens and Saints it just looks god awful and like yoga pants, especially since they're black.

The Ravens need purple socks and should burn the black ones. And the Saints don't need black pants at all, but if they're dead set on keeping them then they should get gold socks to wear with them.

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of any dark blue Chargers uni? I like when a color scheme embodies a region (Miami's current throwbacks scream "City of Miami," the Saints gaudy color scheme matches the city of New Orleans well, the somewhat drab 90's Seahawks and Browns color schemes embodied their respective cities, etc)... light blue "feels" more like San Diego. The only thing I liked from the 90's unis was how the shoulder bolts weren't clumsily boxed in white, which I've always felt gives the jersey an unfinished "patchwork" feel.

God help me, I'm curious to see how Nike could modernize this look after a move to LA.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived