2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

8l6LZuS.png

Extremely nice, but i think the stick tape would look even better in gray or black so it does not draw too much attention to itself . It would thereby also look better on the white away jersey then, so it does not vanish into the jersey.

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

So much sarcasm and vitriol.  Must have struck a nerve by pointing out, what I thought, was cool detail.  If the letters were super obvious, they wouldn't be a hidden element now would they?  It is not meant to be perfect typography nor is it meant to be something the average person sees immediately.  There is really no other reason for the teal line to go into the left fin the way it does other than to create (an admittedly rough) "S."  Remove it and the shading of the Shark looks more realistic.

I would just say that the designer most likely did not intend to hide a SJ in there, it's the FANS that have decided that there is a hidden message in there. it's way too much of a stretch and the "letters" you pointed out on the last page are barely even letters as much as they are large blobs. it really comes down to, did the designer intend it? I would say no, but we'd have to hear from him. Maybe we can tweet him or find his phone number and find out haha, but until then, I would just say that they are clearly "accent/motion" lines on the body of a shark; small accent details used in the illustration of the logo that were in no way intended to hide letters. Final point, you mention that the shading doesn't look realistic, well it's a pretty unrealistic logo in the first place that kind of looks like an anime-ish rendering to me, so i don't think realism in those small accents was a top priority when making a somewhat cartoonish logo.

20 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Shark are Illuminati ? I would think a Illuminati backed team would have reached the finals at least once by now.

;)

that's just like what they WANT you to think, man!!!....

*bong rip*

38 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

that's just like what they WANT you to think, man!!!....

*bong rip*

Exactly ! They will wait till our guard is down, then BAM !.......4 consecutive Stanley Cup victories, we will never see the dynasty coming before it's too late !

I actually remember reading a few years ago from a legitimate source that the Sharks' logo had an "SJ" hidden in it (I can't remember where, though it might have been in The Hockey News). Granted, the execution isn't great by any means, but it's nowhere near as much of a stretch as some of you are making it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Just now, BigBubba said:

I actually remember reading a few years ago from a legitimate source that the Sharks' logo had an "SJ" hidden in it (I can't remember where, though it might have been in The Hockey News). Granted, the execution isn't great by any means, but it's nowhere near as much of a stretch as some of you are making it.

Thank you!  I remember reading it somewhere too, but of course I can't find the article...

On a different note, Stars/Blues has to be one of the best looking series in recent memory.  Both teams had their identities absolutely massacred by the RBK Edge, class of 2007, and it was great to see them turn it around.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:57 PM, CreamSoda said:

My modern take on the sock puppet:

nm9KoKi.png

I'm not understanding the differences in the thickness of the white borders?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

58 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Thank you!  I remember reading it somewhere too, but of course I can't find the article...

On a different note, Stars/Blues has to be one of the best looking series in recent memory.  Both teams had their identities absolutely massacred by the RBK Edge, class of 2007, and it was great to see them turn it around.

I just saw that recently, i think it may have been a slideshow showing hidden images in logo's, i think it was on yahoo.

My little brother thought the white piping on Nashville's jersey looked like earphone wires. That is all.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

On 5/4/2016 at 8:35 PM, Morgo said:

I don't like the way the letters are cropped on this particular version but they are there...

YqXgvo6.jpg

15 hours ago, BigBubba said:

15 hours ago, Morgo said:

The image is from an article on Icethetics from July 2014.

In the slideshow of logos, Chris said about the Sharks logo

I'm probably forcing this one, but every time I look at the Sharks' logo, I see a very subtle SJ in the fins. You kind of have to want it. Who's with me?

3 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

I'm probably forcing this one, but every time I look at the Sharks' logo, I see a very subtle SJ in the fins. You kind of have to want it. Who's with me?

Forcing indeed.  You have to cherry-pick some black areas and ignore others.  But full marks for imagination.

4 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

That's not the article I was thinking of.  It was something I read long before 2014, and closer to the logos official unveiling.  Anyhow, this is what I see in the current Sharks logo.  Flame away if you must but I think it's intentional and clever.

y3ZQSNr.png

10 minutes ago, Morgo said:

That's not the article I was thinking of.  It was something I read long before 2014, and closer to the logos official unveiling.  Anyhow, this is what I see in the current Sharks logo.  Flame away if you must but I think it's intentional and clever.

y3ZQSNr.png

I can definitely see the SJ and get your point.

I'm just not sure it was 100% intentional, or a hey, lets run with this sort of deal.

Archived