2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your World Series entry, Dodgers.  Thanks to MLB for having the archaic and awful 2-3-2 format, and thanks to the hapless, lifeless, impotent and impossibly flaccid Cubs offense for now twice in my lifetime failing to show up (outside of the 8th inning of game 1) in a series against the Dodgers.

Go Indians.  Heyward, Rizzo, Russell:  MVPs of the series, no doubt.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Cubs losing again? So much for all those who said this...THIS is their year. Haven't I heard that one before...

I know it's not technically over. But it's going to be a gigantic uphill battle, in the event they do get ahead in this series. The Cubs are contenders, but favorites idk about that...

11 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Congrats on your World Series entry, Dodgers.  Thanks to MLB for having the archaic and awful 2-3-2 format, and thanks to the hapless, lifeless, impotent and impossibly flaccid Cubs offense for now twice in my lifetime failing to show up (outside of the 8th inning of game 1) in a series against the Dodgers.

It never fails.  The CS85 abandonment of the team begins a comeback of said team's chances.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I just got home and turned the game on in the background while I cooked dinner.  I was shocked when I looked at the TV and saw the cubs in gray jerseys - from the audio, I thought for sure they were at home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When did Fredi Gonzalez become manager of the Cubs?

Cubs are pulling John Lackey in the 5th inning of a 5-0 game, and he hadn't even thrown 80 pitches yet.  This is one of the few times in a postseason game where you can afford your starter to go a little deeper.  Now your bullpen is going at least five innings tonight....Maddon must be really desperate for the win tonight.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

So are you the reverse goat?

14 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

MOD EDIT

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm not convinced the Dodgers wait until Saturday to start Kershaw, are any of you?

I see no reason the Dodgers would move him up.  At worst, they'll be down 3-2 looking to stave off elimination.  At best, they're up 3-2 and they can use Kershaw in either 6 or 7 to close out.

4 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I see no reason the Dodgers would move him up.  At worst, they'll be down 3-2 looking to stave off elimination.  At best, they're up 3-2 and they can use Kershaw in either 6 or 7 to close out.

What you're describing is high-stakes October baseball at its finest. Too bad it's not on free, over-the-air television instead of the Outdoor Life Network Of Men Yelling At Each Other About Colin Kaepernick.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

MOD EDIT

MOD EDIT

14 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

No, but this just seems to happen with the teams I like, not counting the Bears.

twitter

Archived