2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

13 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

MOD EDIT

I see no reason the Dodgers would move him up.  At worst, they'll be down 3-2 looking to stave off elimination.  At best, they're up 3-2 and they can use Kershaw in either 6 or 7 to close out.

Yeah Kershaw hasn't thrown a bullpen session yet, so there is absolutely no chance he goes tomorrow. 

I'm also still pretty confident that Dodgers take this series, given that they have the best pitcher on the planet and the best bullpen in the NL behind him and that the odds their defense makes ton of errors in one game like this again are really slim. Also I believe that the screwed up call on the Gonzalez slide at the plate got in the Dodgers head tonight. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I see no reason the Dodgers would move him up.  At worst, they'll be down 3-2 looking to stave off elimination.  At best, they're up 3-2 and they can use Kershaw in either 6 or 7 to close out.

Agreed.  They'd be putting a lot of eggs in that basket; may as well do it with full rest.  It's quite a blow to throw him early and still lose the game and be down 3-2 without him.  If he's going to go once more, may as well be on full rest.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE REST OF MY POST? Now it looks like I was taking a shot at CS85. WTF? If you're going to mod edit my post, at least be kind enough to say why and...you know...actually acknowledge that it was edited. 

The following is now ridiculously out of context. 

Congrats on your World Series entry, Dodgers.  Thanks to MLB for having the archaic and awful 2-3-2 format, and thanks to the hapless, lifeless, impotent and impossibly flaccid Cubs offense for now twice in my lifetime failing to show up (outside of the 8th inning of game 1) in a series against the Dodgers.

Go Indians.  Heyward, Rizzo, Russell:  MVPs of the series, no doubt.

Final score? Cubs 10 Dodgers 2. Ten runs ain't bad for a "hapless, lifeless, impotent and impossibly flaccid Cubs offense. " Imagine what the Cubs could do if they weren't so hapless...etc.

BB52Big.jpg

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Final score? Cubs 10 Dodgers 2. Ten runs ain't bad for a "hapless, lifeless, impotent and impossibly flaccid Cubs offense. " Imagine what the Cubs could do if they weren't so hapless...etc.

So obviously I posted this 3 innings into the game where the Cubs were once again getting smoked at the plate.  Not 5 minutes after posting this the breakout began.  

I'm used to looking like a head-in-the-sand idiot around here, but apparently it's getting to the point where I'm not allowed to despair as a fan.  

I acknowledged that my own whining came moments before their bats woke up, hoping to get some laughs, but apparently it's a lot more profitable to rip my ass for doing something I've done around here for years.  Admiral smoked me about the Blackhawks.  Hedley busted my balls for the Cubs.  

I'm not and never have been Mr. Positive, and clearly my posting around here in the playoff threads as a coping mechanism isn't welcome.  I'll see myself out.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

CUBS SUCK! CUBS SUCK! CUBS SUCK!

TRIGGERED

*sees world through eyes of Hedley, taps into world of limitless positivity and perseverance*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

36 minutes ago, CS85 said:

So obviously I posted this 3 innings into the game where the Cubs were once again getting smoked at the plate.  Not 5 minutes after posting this the breakout began.  

I'm used to looking like a head-in-the-sand idiot around here, but apparently it's getting to the point where I'm not allowed to despair as a fan.  

I acknowledged that my own whining came moments before their bats woke up, hoping to get some laughs, but apparently it's a lot more profitable to rip my ass for doing something I've done around here for years.  Admiral smoked me about the Blackhawks.  Hedley busted my balls for the Cubs.  

I'm not and never have been Mr. Positive, and clearly my posting around here in the playoff threads as a coping mechanism isn't welcome.  I'll see myself out.  

The superstitious Cub fan does not like your new avatar.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The superstitious Cub fan does not like your new avatar.

But things are great!  Happiness, optimism, and earnest pleasure are all that exist in the world.  Never despair, never utter a word of somber defeat.  

Wipe your eyes, sweet summer child.  Awake to the new world of glorious, infinite smiles.

Adrian Gonzales is a whiny bitch and the call was ridiculously close, if not perfectly simultaneous.  Every reason justifiable in saying it was too close to call, so shut the :censored: up, Gonzo.

CompassionateAridBlueandgoldmackaw-size_

I mean honestly, who could've possibly thought that was a gift?  Who could've possibly imagine that call would be rigged?  I mean who 

Oh.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS 

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Adrian Gonzales is a whiny bitch and the call was ridiculously close, if not perfectly simultaneous.  Every reason justifiable in saying it was too close to call, so shut the :censored: up, Gonzo.

CompassionateAridBlueandgoldmackaw-size_

Moments like these make me happy that dbadefense doesn't frequent these parts anymore. Imagine all of the painful moaning, accusations of rigging/curses, and the crazy overreactions...

It'd be funny, but it'd also be dull by now. I like board members whose shtick evolves over time. Dbad stagnated pretty quickly.

As for the series, I don't know what'll happen at this point. The Cubs will still have to beat Kershaw and Hill in games 6 and (maybe) 7, and I'm not sure their offense can stay hot against those two guys. I know that "playoff" Kershaw might still exist (as seen in game one against the Nats), but I think his playoff troubles are behind him.

Go team not-Dodgers.

20 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So LA would've lost 10-3 instead of 10-2 -- Suddenly it's "us against the world".

Get over yourself, A-Gone.

Don't be naive, one early run by the Dodgers would have change the way the game would be played. I'm pretty damn sure that would have changed what final score looked liked drastically. It probably would have been a closer game than what it was. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Archived