MLB Hotstove 2016-17

buzzcut

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Scott Boras is a horrible agent to negotiate with... which leads me to realize why players like him so much.

All things being equal, I get that amount is probably on the table for someone... I just couldn't trust Harper to play 150+ games a season for all that time.  DH sure, but not in DC of course.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I'm over Red Sox/Yankees. To be honest, the "rivalry" just isn't there anymore like it was in 2003-2006ish. It's a shame; those were fun times to be a fan, but it's been oversaturated so bad that there isn't any "hatred" anymore. I'm 95% positive it was once legal to assault a Yankee fan in Fenway Park and vice versa.

Especially when it's like series # 3 between the two in early part of the season. Or worse... both teams having been eliminated from the playoffs, and they feel they  have to show every single game of the series instead of the games that actually mean something

And each game lasts 4.5 hours.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Per Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are set to acquire Chris Sale from Chicago for Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, and two other prospects.

I'd rather the White Sox take Jackie Bradley, Jr. instead of Yoan Moncada (who I think will be something special) but if that's the price for a top-tier pitcher, then thems the breaks. Welcome to Boston, Mr. Sale.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

If I was a White Sox fan I'd be ecstatic that the damn team finally chose a direction.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Was there any team that could've given up more?  I feel like one of the MLB's best pitchers w/ a very modest contract that's only 27 years old should've gotten a king's ransom.  They got the debatable #1 overall prospect in baseball and 3 of Boston's top 10 prospects, but is Moncada that much of a sure thing?  His scouting report reads similar to Jorge Soler, and he's not exactly lighting things up these days.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

36 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Was there any team that could've given up more?  I feel like one of the MLB's best pitchers w/ a very modest contract that's only 27 years old should've gotten a king's ransom.  They got the debatable #1 overall prospect in baseball and 3 of Boston's top 10 prospects, but is Moncada that much of a sure thing?  His scouting report reads similar to Jorge Soler, and he's not exactly lighting things up these days.

Moncada's carrying tool is his speed, which is something Soler never had. I think Moncada is going to be the next Robinson Cano+speed, Michael Kopech is gonna be a lights out closer, Luis Basabe should be an average OF and the other guy's got velocity I guess. Plus Chicago doesn't have to pay any of Moncada's $31.2 million signing bonus. Huge prospect haul that was definitely fair but it probably won't be fun for Boston in about five years. Such is life under Dave Dombrowski.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Well, glad we all talked about how over Red Sox/Yankees we are just in time for the Red Sox to get a cost-controlled, quasi-generational ace for a bag of magic beans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Well, glad we all talked about how over Red Sox/Yankees we are just in time for the Red Sox to get a cost-controlled, quasi-generational ace for a bag of magic beans.

Hey hey, hold on a moment here.  Do the Red Sox have any throwback alternates?

twitter

4 hours ago, Brass said:

Per Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are set to acquire Chris Sale from Chicago for Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, and two other prospects.

I'd rather the White Sox take Jackie Bradley, Jr. instead of Yoan Moncada (who I think will be something special) but if that's the price for a top-tier pitcher, then thems the breaks. Welcome to Boston, Mr. Sale.

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

The White Sox insisted that Dansby Swanson be a piece of the package from the Braves, which the Braves rightly told them to kick rocks.  From all accounts, the White Sox wanted a package akin to the one the Braves hauled in from the Diamondbacks when Swanson came here.

Cubs and Royals in tense talks for Wade Davis.  Only heavily rumored player going back to KC is Jorge Soler. Talks have stalled, but wouldn't be shocked if deal is done by morning.

twitter

Rays reportedly spend money on a position they need, Wilson Ramos for 2 years 18.5 mil

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/wilson-ramos-could-be-close-to-signing-perhaps-with-rays.html

And supposedly they might be the mystery team for Andrew Mccutchen as they have SP depth that the Pirates want

http://www.draysbay.com/2016/12/5/13846186/mlb-trade-rumors-tampa-bay-rays-andrew-mccutchen-mystery-team

Huge move by Boston.  Sale is going to let them waltz to the crown... the AL East crown.  Teams that "win" the offseason never seem to pan out.  That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

sigh

spacer.png

Archived