NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

We all know Nike is going to crack down on teams calling their white uniforms "home" and color "away." I can't roll my eyes harder at this.

Capture1.JPG

Raptors King comes through again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Couple notes and/or questions:

1) Does the mention of "the traditional home white uniform which all 30 teams will have in their assortment" in the Association Edition description mean even the Lakers' version will be white instead of yellow?

2) The leaked Hornets throwback is evidently one of the eight Classic Edition uniforms debuting this fall, and connecting the dots the leaked Brooklyn Nets alternate should be one of the unnamed fourth Edition uniforms, correct?

EDIT: good call, @JerseyJosh

14 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

New Nike jersey, per Darren Rovell:

I was hoping Nike would eliminate the Warriors' wishbone collar and replace it with a V or a basic crewneck... It's disappointing that they reduced the amount of yellow from the collar instead. Also, it looks like they centered the numbers inside the circle... looks a bit strange.

Will there be home white and road dark in "The Association Edition", or will one color be "Association" and one be "Icon"?  Are there a maximum of 8 uniforms each (two per group)?  This whole set up seems like something from a good idea fairy.  I can't wait until kids start talking about their favorite Association jersey.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Will there be home white and road dark in "The Association Edition", or will one color be "Association" and one be "Icon"?  This whole set up seems like something from a good idea fairy. 

more like the $$$ fairy

1 minute ago, peterjames_6 said:

I was hoping Nike would eliminate the Warriors' wishbone collar and replace it with a V or a basic crewneck... It's disappointing that they eliminated the yellow from the collar instead. Also, it looks like they centered the numbers inside the circle... looks a bit strange.

But they're not even centered, really...are they?  They still seem to be on the right side of the circle.

But... teams don't have to wear white at home...

Beginning with the 2017-18 season, home teams are not automatically assigned to wear white uniforms, and instead will be allowed to choose which uniform they want to wear for each home game. Visiting teams will then choose a contrasting uniform from their available options.

And throwbacks are now "Classic Editions."

Along with those four uniform editions, eight teams will have a “Classic Edition” available this fall, a nod to these team’s most iconic looks which they can also choose to occasionally wear.

Archived