Other colors for other colors' sake

Ark

46 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Powder blue = Every NHL team in 2011.

Also, the NBA for the last decade and a half with either two-blue or a heavy use of blue (w/at least 1 blue, non-throwback uniform). Memphis, Utah, Oklahoma City, Atlanta, Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, and the Charlotte Bobcats.

Add those teams to (and subtract Atlanta and Charlotte from) the list of all NBA teams who traditionally have worn (and currently still do) wear some form of blue:

Indiana, Detroit, Philadelphia, New York, Minnesota, Golden State, Denver,

And you literally have almost half the league wearing some form of blue uniform.

The Hawks and Hornets (nee Bobcats) have dropped off that list, and Cleveland looks to join that list if they replace navy with black, but the Pelicans (nee Hornets) remain, leaving a total of 13 out of 30 teams wearing one form of blue or another.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Also, the NBA for the last decade and a half with either two-blue or a heavy use of blue (w/at least 1 blue, non-throwback uniform). Memphis, Utah, Oklahoma City, Atlanta, Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, and the Charlotte Bobcats.

Add those teams to (and subtract Atlanta and Charlotte from) the list of all NBA teams who traditionally have worn (and currently still do) wear some form of blue:

Indiana, Detroit, Philadelphia, New York, Minnesota, Golden State, Denver,

And you literally have almost half the league wearing some form of blue uniform.

The Hawks and Hornets (nee Bobcats) have dropped off that list, and Cleveland looks to join that list if they replace navy with black, but the Pelicans (nee Hornets) remain, leaving a total of 13 out of 30 teams wearing one form of blue or another.

Maybe I am missing something, but I think you forgot about Orlando and Washington.  So that would actually bring it to 15 teams, literally half the league.

It doesn't surprise me, I'm no jersey sales expert but I would guess blue jerseys are among the best sellers, if anything because they can be casually worn with almost anything and not look out of place.  I usually prefer not to wear bright garish colors like orange, yellow, or even bright red in general.  And if you look how people dress in general, you see almost everyone wearing darker colors.

That being said, I would definitely prefer more color variety in jerseys and color schemes, but I don't think we will see that anytime soon because teams want to sell jerseys.

Archived