College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Northwestern going black/black/gray this weekend:

IMG_7292.thumb.JPG.70da6d2f815e849182effb4f6be6c01e.JPG

Needs purple. I know black has been part of Northwestern's scheme, but I hate seeing teams not wearing a shred of their primary color. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't know if I would read too much into this, but the Twitter banner image for Nebraska football's high school relations guy is a player in a black iteration of the home jerseys. Can any Photoshop wizards tell if the jersey looks color-swapped at all? I can spot minor inconsistencies but those also might be an effect of the "digitization" thing going on. (Second picture for effect reference.)

Would Nebraska spring an alternate like this? Every one I can remember us wearing has been pre-announced before the season, and plus we already have an alt this year for the Wiscy game. But at the same time, if it's kept simple like this, I think an actual black jersey could be really cool.

59bbdb98b165a_Screenshot(86).png.0ff0ea09eaf4daeeb78cc1e4384c211d.png

DJi7IaVVYAAYO7x.jpg

56 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I don't know if I would read too much into this, but the Twitter banner image for Nebraska football's high school relations guy is a player in a black iteration of the home jerseys. Can any Photoshop wizards tell if the jersey looks color-swapped at all? I can spot minor inconsistencies but those also might be an effect of the "digitization" thing going on. (Second picture for effect reference.)

Would Nebraska spring an alternate like this? Every one I can remember us wearing has been pre-announced before the season, and plus we already have an alt this year for the Wiscy game. But at the same time, if it's kept simple like this, I think an actual black jersey could be really cool.

I think it's just a nod to the Blackshirt tradition.  But who knows...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

DJi7IaVVYAAYO7x.jpg

What's funny is they used the old Shockweb/Primeknit 1.0 uniforms for both graphics.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Now this is just beautiful:

The new white jerseys are even better than I predicted in my mockups. It's nice to see the numbers outlined in yellow, and even better seeing the regularly colored duck logos on the shoulders. It's a bit annoying now that the green jerseys and pants have the monochromatic duck logo rather than the regularly colored version like on these new white jerseys, but I still really love this despite the mismatch. This is one of their better road combos in recent memory, IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm sort of meh on Oregon's base uniforms so far this season as they're starting to really scream "stopgap uniforms" with how lacking in creativity and personality they are when compared to Oregon's past uniforms.  About the only saving grace for them is they are not using a bunch of extraneous colors they've not used multiple times in the past.

1 minute ago, Webfooter said:

I'm sort of meh on Oregon's base uniforms so far this season as they're starting to really scream "stopgap uniforms" with how lacking in creativity and personality they are when compared to Oregon's past uniforms.

What?

Oregon hasn't looked this good consistently in a decade.

19 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'm sort of meh on Oregon's base uniforms so far this season as they're starting to really scream "stopgap uniforms" with how lacking in creativity and personality they are when compared to Oregon's past uniforms.

Considering the negative fan response they've gotten for most of the uniforms the last couple of seasons, and also the increased lack of consistency, I personally think it's smart for them to introduce these simpler and classier uniforms, even if only for this season. Some fans have been clamoring for a simpler, more classic look over the past couple of years, specifically after last season's mishmash of styles and lack of success on the field, so these new duds satisfy those people, while also not completely going away from the modern and flashy elements they pioneered over the last decade or so. Now a lot of fans are clamoring for a return to the wings on the helmets and jerseys, especially after seeing the Doernbecher uniforms, but I personally think these simpler uniforms are a good way for them to get back on track. I think in years to come they'd be smart to pick some elements from these simpler uniforms, and also the wing pattern from the Doernbecher uniforms, in-order to create a more streamlined look that's a mix between classic Oregon uniforms and those of the last 5-6 years. I personally feel like the 2015 Rose Bowl duds are a pretty perfect example of the balance they should try to create with their uniforms going forward.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What?

Oregon hasn't looked this good consistently in a decade.

To me, they look like some generic team you'd find in a movie or TV show.  If you took off the team-specific logos and wordmarks, you wouldn't find many that'd say those were Oregon's uniforms, except for those who'd guess purely on the colors.  As long as Oregon is taking this year to get a good, quality set of new uniforms for next season, then these won't be so bad.

30 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

To me, they look like some generic team you'd find in a movie or TV show.  If you took off the team-specific logos and wordmarks, you wouldn't find many that'd say those were Oregon's uniforms, except for those who'd guess purely on the colors.  As long as Oregon is taking this year to get a good, quality set of new uniforms for next season, then these won't be so bad.

I understand this argument for some schools, but I don't even think that's true for oregon. Those sleeve stripes are pretty unique, and no one else in the country has that number font. Plus no one else has those colors. Oregon's colors and O alone will take them far, while i would love the wings back, I don't think they need them to stand out.

Archived