College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Beavers don't look too bad in all orange. I think it's the fact that these uniforms are orange and BLACK instead of orange and white. 

USATSI_7525291-620x769.jpg

I actually do like that uniform somewhat, but it's debatable if they truly "pull it off". Like it's pretty decent, but the lack of white looks kinda goofy. Plus their black/black/white is just infinitely better anyway.

52 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^Here ya go:

IMG_7282.thumb.JPG.4d0d36e7a8273d7222907a3f0ccf0ffe.JPG

Their white uniform elements are so far superior to the reds and blues. One, the stripes on the white jerseys are actually red and blue rather than the awkward faux-gradient look of the stripes on the red and blue jerseys, and second, the logos are properly colored rather than being monochromatic like they are on the red and blue uniform pieces. I'm still not a fan of this new set overall, but at least the white helmets, jerseys, and pants are all pretty palatable.

Also, here's a couple more combos for this weekend:

Pretty apparent that the white jersey is Arizona's best. Now throw in a colored helmet or pants, and its even better. 

a2BRS8U.png

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

Arkansas State in all red this week. Not a fan of the numbers, replacing the stAte logo with Arkansas State on the chest, or the pathetic excuse for sleeve stripes. 

Honestly not a bad look if they just remove the shoulder stripes. Looks like they but 3 thin strips of electrical tape on the sides and called it a day.

10 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I actually do like that uniform somewhat, but it's debatable if they truly "pull it off". Like it's pretty decent, but the lack of white looks kinda goofy. Plus their black/black/white is just infinitely better anyway.

It's when they start mixing in uniform elements that do have white that the orange ones look sorely out of place.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

I present to you this mess that is Wayne State 

IMG_3901.PNG

I like obnoxious American things as much as the next guy, but no to this. 

25 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Honestly not a bad look if they just remove the shoulder stripes. Looks like they but 3 thin strips of electrical tape on the sides and called it a day.

I really dislike dark numbers on football jerseys like this. Gold or silver numbers are one thing, but black numbers on red (even with an outline) just look bad to me. Those sleeve stripes are embarrassingly bad. If they're going to be that bad, you may as well leave them off.

I was a silent defender of the Adidas unis we had, but these are no good. The weird shiny stripes and numbers look really bad. Previously, the only issue I had with the uniforms were when the school would do dumb stuff with the helmets. I know we wouldn't get any special uniforms if we switched to Nike or UnderArmour or anything, but these make me wish for a change.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Here ya go:

IMG_7282.thumb.JPG.4d0d36e7a8273d7222907a3f0ccf0ffe.JPG

Their white uniform elements are so far superior to the reds and blues. One, the stripes on the white jerseys are actually red and blue rather than the awkward faux-gradient look of the stripes on the red and blue jerseys, and second, the logos are properly colored rather than being monochromatic like they are on the red and blue uniform pieces. I'm still not a fan of this new set overall, but at least the white helmets, jerseys, and pants are all pretty palatable.

Also, here's a couple more combos for this weekend:

Did Iowa State change their white helmets? They seem different from last year's.

IxkieML.png

Those Iowa State helmets are no good. Why not use a full color version of your logo? Why is it only red and white on the helmet? What a weird thing to do. And I know it's likely a season-long hashtag, but having "raise the standard" right before "beat Akron" is hilarious. 

Arizona depresses me to look at. Sure, the white jersey looks pretty good. But I need asymmetrical helmet stripes. Come on, guys! 

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

All white head to toe is getting out of control. I think there were like 30 teams that did it last week (and probably the week before that). Might be a slight exaggeration but it's ridiculous how many teams do it.

All white needs to die, save for a few classics like Texas and Penn State. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

All white head to toe is getting out of control. I think there were like 30 teams that did it last week (and probably the week before that). Might be a slight exaggeration but it's ridiculous how many teams do it.

Seemed like we had just as many, if not more, teams wearing monochrome uniforms week one

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Arkansas State in all red this week. Not a fan of the numbers, replacing the stAte logo with Arkansas State on the chest, or the pathetic excuse for sleeve stripes. 

The bad uniform matches their team and how the fans reacted to Miami cancelling last week. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 9/13/2017 at 0:32 AM, Midway said:

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

Are you talking about the current sets with the overabundance of Frogskin? 

Because I really haven't seen too many people drooling over them... I sure as hell don't. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived