College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Minnesota going all-gold on Saturday with a new asymmetric helmet design honoring their mascot:

Here's a closeup of the gopher head decal on the left side:IMG_7247.thumb.JPG.57228db8cc32255e6fdf1e83fd1446ac.JPG

The reason for it is quite stupid, but the design is actually not awful.  I like the attempt at the fur stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Think they easily could have just gone with the fur stripes and the M logos on both sides and it'd be a top-notch helmet for them.

Also, Oregon was using their green helmets today in practice, which is a clear sign they plan on using them this weekend against Wyoming.

^Yep, and I'm guessing they'll pair the green helmets with the rumored new white jerseys, probably with either green or white pants:

DucksWhiteGreen.thumb.png.44ef6e64c5e589ecbd988ea25d37ef78.pngDucksWhiteCombo.thumb.png.33e8ff8449215b8afed28af0271e500b.png

I'm personally expecting the first option, but the second option wouldn't surprise me either. And just as a reminder, the white jersey in these mockups might be slightly different from the real thing, as I based it off of some rumors, some leaked info/images, and some of my own suspicions.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/11/2017 at 8:08 AM, ltp74 said:

I wonder if Pitt is going to wear the throwback colors for bigger games and leave the navy and beige for the Youngstown State and Duke level games until they fully switch over next year.

Duke level???  You know Duke-Pitt is a division rivalry game, right?  Duke, the same division rival that Pitt broke out the throwbacks against last year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1976 National Championship team.....

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

Midway.png

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I actually am a huge fan of the "fur stripes" on the helmet. They're fun and instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans.59b8b914e89f8_Screenshot(85).thumb.png.c8d84f1ed6d608c2f85ade75d4118d74.png

Slap the M on both sides and wear it with the maroon jerseys and it would be a fun alternate, but the all gold is gonna look bad and the asymmetric helmet doesn't help save the look

7 hours ago, mstein said:

Duke level???  You know Duke-Pitt is a division rivalry game, right?  Duke, the same division rival that Pitt broke out the throwbacks against last year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1976 National Championship team.....

Pitt-Duke is a divisional game but nowhere near a rivalry. Maybe I should have worded it better, Pitt will most likely break out the throwback look for bigger TV games while the bland navy and beige look will be used for the ESPN3, ESPNU and ACC syndication games. I think the Duke game last year was homecoming hence the 1976 National Championship celebration so they would have worn the throwbacks not matter who they played.

Pitt's new AD seems to get it when it comes to the throwback uniforms and colors so they'll be showcased when Pitt's on a big stage this year, the previous AD's saw the throwbacks as a nuisance or didn't get that they meant something to most of the fans.

7 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

Pitt-Duke is a divisional game but nowhere near a rivalry. Maybe I should have worded it better, Pitt will most likely break out the throwback look for bigger TV games while the bland navy and beige look will be used for the ESPN3, ESPNU and ACC syndication games. I think the Duke game last year was homecoming hence the 1976 National Championship celebration so they would have worn the throwbacks not matter who they played.

Pitt's new AD seems to get it when it comes to the throwback uniforms and colors so they'll be showcased when Pitt's on a big stage this year, the previous AD's saw the throwbacks as a nuisance or didn't get that they meant something to most of the fans.

I believe (as of now, at least) Pitt's wearing the navy and gold against a top-10 Oklahoma State team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Midway said:

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

Honestly if TCU got rid of the stupid frog print stuff, they would have one of the better uniforms in college football 

9 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I actually am a huge fan of the "fur stripes" on the helmet. They're fun and instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans.59b8b914e89f8_Screenshot(85).thumb.png.c8d84f1ed6d608c2f85ade75d4118d74.png

Huh?  I have been watching CFB my whole life and obsessed with uniforms for almost as long and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Archived