College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else bothered by the chrome striping and logos on Stanford's helmets?  Just seemed odd and out of place.  

Plus, I noticed some inconsistency on their Speedflex stripe application as most players had full stripes that went over the Speedflex gap while some had stripes that were cut out to avoid the gap.  Here's an example:

DJUzsMDVYAADWAo.jpg:large

Nah. They aren't full out chrome, but more metallic, it looks. For teams like Stanford, Auburn, and others, that don't play around with different uniforms a lot, it's a nice way to make the helmets pop even more. 

I recently made an Auburn helmet and purchased the metallic decals. They really look good in person, especially compared to the simple, older style. The sheen off the stripes is amazing.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

56 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Nah. They aren't full out chrome, but more metallic, it looks. For teams like Stanford, Auburn, and others, that don't play around with different uniforms a lot, it's a nice way to make the helmets pop even more. 

I recently made an Auburn helmet and purchased the metallic decals. They really look good in person, especially compared to the simple, older style. The sheen off the stripes is amazing.

In the helmet decal industry, that's "chrome"... 

"Metallic" means glitter flake

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Disregard how abysmal Auburn's offense is, but this game was a beauty to watch

Auburn v Clemson : News Photo

Can we stop with the "I nominate [random traditional matchup] as uni matchup of the week, so clean!"? There is way, WAY too much orange and white going on there in order for it to look good. Plus personally, Auburn's aways have always sucked, way too much striping to where it looks messy. At least the homes have the blue jersey to make it look more palatable.

I haven't posted in here forever but I had show ya'll this heaping pile of trash.

IMG_6373.JPG

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. (Alma College in Michigan).

I think years ago I made a comment about how trash their helmet was, now their Uniforms have caught up to the trashyness.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Visually I liked Missouri vs South Carolina last night. Only gripe was "MIZZOU" on the chest of the Tigers' jerseys. I just never liked that nickname for the school.

I was trying to search for their official football Twitter page, and I typed in "Missouri football" and nothing. They're all in with Mizzou.

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

3 hours ago, KJHillis said:

I was trying to search for their official football Twitter page, and I typed in "Missouri football" and nothing. They're all in with Mizzou.

They've been Mizzou for decades. It's not a recent innovation. My extended family is a from Missouri and I got used to watching Nebraska play them annually in the Big 8 and then Big XII. 

They're all about the Zou. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Can we stop with the "I nominate [random traditional matchup] as uni matchup of the week, so clean!"? There is way, WAY too much orange and white going on there in order for it to look good. Plus personally, Auburn's aways have always sucked, way too much striping to where it looks messy. At least the homes have the blue jersey to make it look more palatable.

Uuuuuuuum you do know that's two schools with orange as a main color right? 

I mean, we could spend time talking about how awful Arizona looked. Or Iowa State. But they're modern and trendy so automatically better than the old stuff. 

I feel enlightened. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived