2016 NFL Playoffs

JWhiz96

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If you mean better at dressing like a dork and hawking LA Gears then you're right.  Guy had Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, a ridiculous line, the tight end who's name is escaping me, etc.  Brady has had a rotating group of otherwise mediocre receivers, and won multiple superbowls with two 100% different teams.

I know all about "Joe Cool", and I'm certainly not going to try and take anything away from him, but I simply can't imagine anyone staying more cool than Brady.  28-3?  NBD.  No panic.  No rush.  No frustration.  His teammates see that and they don't panic, rush, or get frustrated.  Not dissing Montana or any of those other guys at all - but I simply can't imagine there being anyone else in any ere I want leading my team than Tom Brady.

Montana played in a era when the rules weren't so slanted towards the offense. To me, that's the difference.  All that slobbering about not panicking, etc? Montana was the same way. I'm sure you're familiar with the John Candy story from Super Bowl XXIII. I don't know how much "cooler" a QB could be in that situation. "Hey, there's John Candy" followed by a ho-hum drive to win the Super Bowl. 

BB52Big.jpg

Pats fan bandwagon insults are so lame.  Stop being a bitch and admit you're jealous.  

This is coming from a Bears fan, so shove it right up your ass and come with a new insult and a new excuse, OR shut the hell up and keep on rooting for your candyass loser teams.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, Cosmic said:

And OH DAMNIT... the stupid white jersey meme will be back in full force next year.

I can wait until the Patriots wear white again so if they meet the Packers next year, they could lose to the team that last won wearing a dark jersey in the Super Bowl.

Wow, the disrespect towards the Falcons by people in this thread disgusts me. I may be a Steelers fan till the day I die, but I've lived in Atlanta practically my whole life and the Falcons have a special spot in my heart. I just feel sorry for all my friends back home. They've had to deal with this stuff for their entire lives and this was like icing on the cake for sports depression for them. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I feel like I shouldn't even celebrate because I wrote my favorite team off far too early.

Despite the lead, the Atlanta Falcons are a great football team. The Patriots are scheduled to welcome them to Foxboro next season. I am really looking forward to that game. Even when the Falcons were up big, the Atlanta fans (for the most part) conducted themselves well. Classy franchise. Classy coach. Classy players.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; first and foremost, I'm a football fan. I was hoping for a great game and that was a great game, win or loss for the Patriots. I'm very proud and blessed to have seen my favorite football team achieve such success, and very proud and blessed to have seen my other favorite sports teams from Boston achieve greatness as well. I'm a spoiled fan, but I never try to lose perspective and hopefully I've done that tonight.

But the biggest thing that I enjoyed from this game was once again sitting down with my dad and watching our team play the Super Bowl. He's been a die-hard fan since he was young and to be able to share the special moment of watching our team just play in the Super Bowl is an awesome feeling. Really, really awesome.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Montana also played in a era when the rules weren't so slanted towards the offense. To me, that's the difference.  

Exactly. Back then, you didn't have guys throwing for 400 yards like it was nothing.

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Montana also played in a era when the rules weren't so slanted towards the offense. To me, that's the difference.  

That's fair, but Brady is in the salary cap / parity era.  Those 49er teams would never have been able to stay together in today's era.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wonder if SF is second-guessing their coaching hire. What was that play call on the 3rd & 1 sack fumble? And what the hell was Freeman looking at instead of the freight train bearing down on his QB? That was the beginning of the end. 

I feel for the Falcons' fans. Losing is one thing; watching your team collapse like that in the SB was just cruel. 

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Just now, jmac11281 said:

Exactly. Back then, you didn't have guys throwing for 400 yards like it was nothing.

You also didn't worry about your top WR leaving in free agency (because it didn't even exist), or worry about cutting your tight end to save cap room.

That's a HUGE thing that has really made it hard to compare eras.  The rules things are big too - not going to deny that - but everyone in every era plays by the same rules, and nobody in this era has done what Brady has done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Pats fan bandwagon insults are so lame.  Stop being a bitch and admit you're jealous.  

This is coming from a Bears fan, so shove it right up your ass and come with a new insult and a new excuse, OR shut the hell up and keep on rooting for your candyass loser teams.

When he's done in New England, I'll send him to Chicago to find a pre-1986 Bulls fan for double or nothin'.

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

You also didn't worry about your top WR leaving in free agency (because it didn't even exist), or worry about cutting your tight end to save cap room.

That's a HUGE thing that has really made it hard to compare eras.  The rules things are big too - not going to deny that - but everyone in every era plays by the same rules, and nobody in this era has done what Brady has done.

It's still purely subjective. That's why I don't try to get into it too much. People can say it's not an argument but it always can be and it always will be. But I respect your opinion.

Here's a topic worthy of another thread. Since so many people here were anti-Pats, do many of you root against any other dynasties? Did you root against the Bulls, Yankees, Devils, Giants, Blackhawks, Cardinals?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived