Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Actually that original Jersey Devils jersey template could work for an update of the Devils jerseys. Similar striping pattern but still different. Could someone do a mock up of that?

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

The team was based in Cherry Hill NJ.

I take it this was the arena with the infamous sloping rink which was a disaster even by WHA standards.

2 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

That really wasn't their logo. It was their mascot. Their first logo was a jersey devil looming over a map of New Jersey.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/estock/fspid11/19/43/16/5/rutgers-setonhall-basketball-1943165-o.jpg

That (or a modernized version) should be the third jersey and alternate logo. Abosolutely gorgeous!

1 hour ago, Chico said:

John McMullen's wife based the original Devils concept logo off of the NJ Transit logo. 

NJTransitLogo-400.jpg

I always thought that might have been the case but I never knew that they actually planned that...

I loved this concept Backhanded Devil did a few months back using the Kansas City Scouts jersey.

Cpr6KmDXEAEyv1G.jpg

The one good thing about the no third jerseys is now with Adidas taking over, we have new ideas being brought to the table in terms of design- Canucks could finally get their green sweater, Buffalo with a yellow, etc. But that also means we could see some poor designs, so maybe not so good...?

5 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

But this is the 2010's, and these days the trendy thing is to base it on the military :upside:

PE0c2YP.gif

Lou Lamoriello may be a monster who withheld medical documents so his players could continue to incur brain damage, but at least he was right about how to brand the Devils.

18 hours ago, Thaumatrope said:

Does anyone else see a lower case "d" (for devils) in the logo? I always assumed it was intentional but in light of all the discussion about hidden shapes I'm second guessing myself.

I've always seen it as a D

1 hour ago, Chico said:

I loved this concept Backhanded Devil did a few months back using the Kansas City Scouts jersey.

Cpr6KmDXEAEyv1G.jpg

Unpopular-opinion alert: I actually somehow like that better than the primary. Never thought I'd say that....

Wonder how it'd look if the thin "pinstripes" were green...just curious.  That way it's a primarily red/black/green team but with continuity to its past and a tiny dab of color that separates them from the other red/black teams. Honestly, I think the Sens should do something similar with gold. Why not?

The white is a little too close to Minnesota. I wouldn't change a thing about the Devils. They won three championships in nine years wearing what they wear.

4 hours ago, Bmac said:

This is what I would do:

NJD1.png

I'd buy the white one in a heartbeat both are beauties.

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

This is what I would do:

NJD1.png

I think your updated crest is the best one I've seen.

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I take it this was the arena with the infamous sloping rink which was a disaster even by WHA standards.

Yes, I believe this is the one that you are thinking of. My dad had gone to a couple of games there. The arena was located about 10 minutes away from where I grew up and where I live now. My dad said it was awful.

6 hours ago, Bmac said:

This is what I would do:

NJD1.png

Great logo and jersey idea, just switch the red and green on the away and you'll be golden.

Another article on the Devils staying the same

An industry source outside the Devils’ organization confirmed to The Record on Monday that the logo will remain the same, the black-and-red color scheme will remain the same. The Devils’ primary identity jerseys are not being redesigned.

The way that article is written seems more like the author doesn't want the jerseys to change, rather than having real information. But who knows...

Just now, Bmac said:

The way that article is written seems more like the author doesn't want the jerseys to change, rather than having real information. But who knows...

I totally agree