NHL 2017-18

Bmac

7 hours ago, tajmccall said:

I'm a fan, wearing a hoodie right now and couldn't agree more.

Still wish 17 odd years later we would have picked Polars, or even Voyaguers. Oh well.

At least they made up for it with the logo.

I always thought Minnesota Muskies was too cool a name to leave in the past. 

sig.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Was Polars ever considered as a name? I could get behind that.

I was mistaken, it was White Bears.  This is a kinda fun "what if" they did a few years back. I think all are better than Wild.

http://wild.ice.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=20535

^ I was hoping for Polar Lights. I remember when they announced Wild. I groaned so loud my brother came running downstairs thinking I was having a heart attack. Every time I hear the name Wild even to this day I still groan really really loud. The other day my neighbor was knocking on my door to see if I was OK after she heard "loud unhuman-like groaning" coming from my home.

Its funny you would think that after a decade and a half I would be use to that stupid name by now but NO!

The Catch of the Day!

5 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

^ I was hoping for Polar Lights. I remember when they announced Wild. I groaned so loud my brother came running downstairs thinking I was having a heart attack. Every time I hear the name Wild even to this day I still groan really really loud. The other day my neighbor was knocking on my door to see if I was OK after she heard "loud unhuman-like groaning" coming from my home.

Its funny you would think that after a decade and a half I would be use to that stupid name by now but NO!

Your brother can run? Wouldn't an octopus slither when on land?

Or maybe you came out of character. You're not an octopus at all, are you?

White Bears is weird. Bears would've been OK, albeit generic. Northern Lights? Blue Ox? They make Wild sound like a godsend. 

sig.png

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Plus they easily have one of the best logos in the league.  I'm not a big fan of the Devils due to seven games in 2001, but they do have a great logo.

I think their logo is certainly a hockey icon, but from a purely visual standpoint... it's a mess. The proportions and balance are really not great, and the execution of the forms is pretty clumsy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I think their logo is certainly a hockey icon, but from a purely visual standpoint... it's a mess. The proportions and balance are really not great, and the execution of the forms is pretty clumsy.

Dammit, after reading that and taking a closer look...I'm noticing some imperfections in it.  

Could it be cleaned up?  Sure.  Should it?  mmmeehhhh  ^_^

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, twi said:

The numbers at the World Cup were not fabric, they were perforated twill. 

Twill is a fabric, my friend. :-) More specifically, it's a specific type of weave used to construct a fabric, but generally speaking...

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hopefully this means the authentic jerseys at the NHL Store in NYC will be on sale. Say what you want about price and quality but dem pieces of fabric are niiiccceeee.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

20 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It is. I've always had a tough time finding a distinguishable 'N'. I know it's right half is worked into the J, but I think 2 separate letters might've worked better. 

sig.png

Yeah, I kinda figured the perforated twill with kiss-cut outlines as needed would become the norm after seeing that gimmick at the World Cup. Lightweight! Performance! Buzzwords! Job Justification!

Current price for the perforated stuff is $90, and River City Sports is the only one I've seen offering it (though I'm sure EPS is doing it.) For everyone else, it'll either be the now-inaccurate full-weight twill or the screened garbage from Fanatics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 minute ago, Matito said:

This is new for me. Usually my worst fear is a player getting traded. (Here's looking at you, Zobrist and Myers...)

So true, this is why the only hockey and baseball gear I buy with players is t-shirts.  Jerseys are either blank or just a number.

Archived