Jump to content

2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII


canzman
 Share

Recommended Posts

What I don't get about the blue v. blue matchup is the whole ordeal around color-blindness. Now I'm not color blind, nor do I know anyone who is, so I'm more than a little naive on the subject, but wouldn't this game be an issue? Being that both teams wore blue, I would think so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

What I don't get about the blue v. blue matchup is the whole ordeal around color-blindness. Now I'm not color blind, nor do I know anyone who is, so I'm more than a little naive on the subject, but wouldn't this game be an issue? Being that both teams wore blue, I would think so.

Color blindness isn't seeing no color, it is certain colors looking the same. The predominant color blindness results in red and green looking the same. These two shades of blue are unaffected by any color blindness trait that I am aware of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, H11K said:

This whole Idea of the injury aspect is invalid to me. Because if it "caused" so many extra injuries then don't you think the NCAA would have the same rule?

Maybe because the "student-athletes" don't have legal representation in the form of a union like the NFLPA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, arron said:

The one helmet rule is in place beacause teams don’t break in the helmets enough so its more likely for a head injury 

 

13 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

The NFL could probably afford to break in 2 helmets every year

 

5 hours ago, H11K said:

This whole Idea of the injury aspect is invalid to me. Because if it "caused" so many extra injuries then don't you think the NCAA would have the same rule?

 

My Lord, how are we still talking about this?  You do realize that professional players get to choose the model of helmet they want to wear, right?  In college, the a-holes running the show can just throw boxes of helmets at the players and tell them to shut up and put it on.  But in the NFL, Tom Brady can (and does) get to wear a discontinued model, and the people in charge of the NFL (smartly) don't want to open up the legal can of worms involved in telling their million dollar cash cows how to best protect their brains, especially since they've spent decades lying to them about the dangers.

 

I love the one helmet rule.  It's the first line of defense against the NFL looking like the aesthetic dumpster fire we have going in college football.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

 

 

My Lord, how are we still talking about this?  You do realize that professional players get to choose the model of helmet they want to wear, right?  In college, the a-holes running the show can just throw boxes of helmets at the players and tell them to shut up and put it on.  But in the NFL, Tom Brady can (and does) get to wear a discontinued model, and the people in charge of the NFL (smartly) don't want to open up the legal can of worms involved in telling their million dollar cash cows how to best protect their brains, especially since they've spent decades lying to them about the dangers.

 

I love the one helmet rule.  It's the first line of defense against the NFL looking like the aesthetic dumpster fire we have going in college football.  

You are definitely in the minority with the one helmet rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, the heat suck said:

You are definitely in the minority with the one helmet rule.

 

no he is not. I don't want Pandora's Box opened up with multiple helmets. Alt helmets should be saved for throwbacks and that's it. Considering the NFL can't really sell helmets (unless you want to count mini helmets which already have multiple colorways and custom made ones done), there is no incentive for them to let each team have 2/3 helmets. Lots of teams also already have solid brands and a second helmet doesn't make sense.

 

Browns

Dolphins

49ers

Bengals 

Packers

Vikings

Colts

 

I could make this list longer but those teams definitely don't need an alternate helmet besides a decal swap for throwbacks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, the heat suck said:

You are definitely in the minority with the one helmet rule.

 

How many options do we want here??... I like alternate uniforms but the one helmet rule (in theory) keeps alternates more or less in the same branding scheme as the primaries. Aside from safety issues it works as much-needed restraint to keep the uniforms look cohesive as a brand.    You don't want the oklahoma city thunder of the nfl where every alt uniform looks like an entirely different team.  Obv there are exceptions mainly when it comes to throwbacks where the primary helmet doesn't match - but in general its a good thing.  PLUS besides that the team helmets is basically the primary logo. It would be like asking a team to change their logo every week.  Its a good rule at the end of the day if you are concerned with team's looking good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

 

How many options do we want here??... I like alternate uniforms but the one helmet rule (in theory) keeps alternates more or less in the same branding scheme as the primaries. Aside from safety issues it works as much-needed restraint to keep the uniforms look cohesive as a brand.    You don't want the oklahoma city thunder of the nfl where every alt uniform looks like an entirely different team.  Obv there are exceptions mainly when it comes to throwbacks where the primary helmet doesn't match - but in general its a good thing.  PLUS besides that the team helmets is basically the primary logo. It would be like asking a team to change their logo every week.  Its a good rule at the end of the day if you are concerned with team's looking good

I propose this.

 

If a team wants to use alternate helmets, say for alternate uniforms, they are allowed to have only 1 extra helmet. That way we can satisfy all the people who don't like most changes.

For throwbacks, teams are allowed to wear the original helmets, no matter what. The main reason that people want the helmet rule gone is so most throwbacks can return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Browns wearing all white with orange socks again. What an embarrassment. Why are the brown pants that have been worn so frequently in recent years suddenly not an option, especially when the team is 0-8 in all white this year? Why not at least change up the uniform and give the fans something to be remotely excited about or at least wear the brown socks? And the Titans  posted that they're wearing those awful navy pants with the white jersey this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

And the Titans  posted that they're wearing those awful navy pants with the white jersey this week.

They better not wear navy pants in their last three home games vs Houston, the Rams, and Jacksonville. All three of these teams have a tendency to wear dark pants with their white jerseys on the road. I personally would love to see at least one more Tennessee home game featuring navy over Columbia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.