2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

The new Dolphins logo is probably the worst thing to happen to athletic aesthetics in the 21st Century. Especially for the NFL.

There are so many "before/after" images that are indicative of everything wrong with Goodell and the NFL right now. Dolphins logo change is a big one.

miami_dolphins_logo.gif

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

, like that faded color that's not really aqua anymore, it's teal, and that dumb logo.  

cc48381f05e55819a484d00506760ada.jpg?w=7

I bet our current color is more aqua than ever , and the one we used previously was more like a dark turquoise

1 hour ago, bbb said:

cc48381f05e55819a484d00506760ada.jpg?w=7

I bet our current color is more aqua than ever , and the one we used previously was more like a dark turquoise

Aqua isn't a PMS color or anything so specific, its a loose term. sometimes more blue, sometimes more green, and all kinds of variations.

FWIW, the Dolphins Aqua PMS swatch is 321 (though the "Turbo Green" tactile color kind of lays between 319 and 320). compared to the Throwback PMS swatch of 322. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

Aqua isn't a PMS color or anything so specific, its a loose term. sometimes more blue, sometimes more green, and all kinds of variations.

FWIW, the Dolphins Aqua PMS swatch is 321 (though the "Turbo Green" tactile color kind of lays between 319 and 320). compared to the Throwback PMS swatch of 322. 

So what's your opinion on the future of the logo and uniforms for the Dolphins? You think the plan is to stick with the current uniforms and let them grow? They just spent an insane amount of money on renovating the stadium around the new look. 

Personally, I love the idea of keeping the throwbacks strictly as a twice a year occasion like these last few years. Keeps them special and allows the current uniforms to grow into it's own as the main set/logo.

11 minutes ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

So what's your opinion on the future of the logo and uniforms for the Dolphins? You think the plan is to stick with the current uniforms and let them grow? They just spent an insane amount of money on renovating the stadium around the new look. 

Personally, I love the idea of keeping the throwbacks strictly as a twice a year occasion like these last few years. Keeps them special and allows the current uniforms to grow into it's own as the main set/logo.

im not a big fan of the current identity either, but it was overseen and approved by the current owner who likes where things are at right now, along with our CEO. as long as those guys are still here, i dont think much is ever going to change. they're committed to making the Dolphins an elegant, luxurious brand that is recognized for more than football and i think even though the current logos/unis are not beautiful or well crafted, they do at least have that "personality" about them. 

i also agree that keeping the 1966 uniforms as throwbacks is the best route for them. keeping them rare and wearing them on special occasions keeps the want for them. they dont hang around long enough to be tired (again) but because we see them twice a year, its kind of like christmas. you get excited for it. the last thing i would want to see happen is any kind of combination between the two eras and you end up with a bastardization of the '66 uniform— and then you have no reason to keep it as a throwback because its not different enough and on that note, i dont care if the primary uniforms are pink and brown with Comic Sans numbers, as long as the throwback uniforms stay pure

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

im not a big fan of the current identity either, but it was overseen and approved by the current owner who likes where things are at right now, along with our CEO. as long as those guys are still here, i dont think much is ever going to change. they're committed to making the Dolphins an elegant, luxurious brand that is recognized for more than football and i think even though the current logos/unis are not beautiful or well crafted, they do at least have that "personality" about them. 

i also agree that keeping the 1966 uniforms as throwbacks is the best route for them. keeping them rare and wearing them on special occasions keeps the want for them. they dont hang around long enough to be tired (again) but because we see them twice a year, its kind of like christmas. you get excited for it. the last thing i would want to see happen is any kind of combination between the two eras and you end up with a bastardization of the '66 uniform— and then you have no reason to keep it as a throwback because its not different enough and on that note, i dont care if the primary uniforms are pink and brown with Comic Sans numbers, as long as the throwback uniforms stay pure

I actually love our current uniforms, especially the logo. But fans have been very vocal about wanting to go back to the throwbacks permanently. So I just wonder if they’ll ever cave into the demands. I hate constant changing of uniforms though so I’d prefer they’d stick with the current set for a long time.

2 hours ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

Exactly what i said a few days ago :gotta stick with the current and modern logos and unis

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So you're saying that they have one gray that they wear that is basically the exact same gray that's worn by half a dozen other teams, and then they have this special grey that's, like, extra wolfy? That's cool! When do you think we'll actually see this "wolf grey"?

I'm thinking the same thing.

RhkVNaPVyWzuYPot4QQ6kGbo.jpeg

GrayWolf-Main-e1415205081524-1280x600.jp

9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

The new Dolphins logo is probably the worst thing to happen to athletic aesthetics in the 21st Century. Especially for the NFL.

There are so many "before/after" images that are indicative of everything wrong with Goodell and the NFL right now. Dolphins logo change is a big one.

miami_dolphins_logo.gif

I like the Dolphins previous logo and uniform better than the current scheme.

22 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Not necessarily, I think you're almost spot on, but the newer logo is a disaster.

It just doesn't look like a true dolphin. 

My thoughts are that they are the one of the teams that should return to their throwbacks permanently with the following tweaks:

1)  Keep the 1966 sunburst but switch the dolphin to the 1997 version, the original looks like outdated clipart

2). They didn't go to aqua pants until 1989, so they'll need them when returning to the retro version.

3)  They'll need white socks with the sleeve striping for the aqua pants (aqua socks are a bad extension to aqua pants, gives it that leotard look). The socks worn on MNF for the white pants are just fine, just not meant for aqua pants

4)  Never ever go monochrome!!

Now ya got a real winner IMO  ??

They should have never tampered with them to that extreme in the first place, like that faded color that's not really aqua anymore, it's teal, and that dumb logo.  

It's a really nice classic uniform that didn't need all those drastic changes, and ... leave the face-mask gray.  ?

I agree with all ....the only way for monochrome would be color rush......I won't mind a orange alternate jersey. Black dominant color shoes even though players will do their own thing with footwear 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On 12/12/2017 at 12:19 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

So you're saying that they have one gray that they wear that is basically the exact same gray that's worn by half a dozen other teams, and then they have this special grey that's, like, extra wolfy? That's cool! When do you think we'll actually see this "wolf grey"?

Wolf grey is the gray that they currently use as their alternate jerseygettyimages-865181346.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

On 12/12/2017 at 12:19 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I don’t think you can get any wolfier than this grey.

86715_h.jpg?itok=fboqJBn2

Archived