Cujo

Nuggets unveil new uniforms*

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Ok now I put my two cents in. Association uni is neutral for me, don't love, don't hate, just okay, but Icon is a completly mess:

  • Wordmark -thanks to white border- is unreadable from a distance,
  • White stripes takes too much attention
  • Lack of baby blue and even of yellow,
  • White numbers is the only good thing on that (IMO)

 

Here is my quick fix based on 2005-2012 alternate (above-mentioned by Anythinglogos), which is actually a good jersey:

hAlAd9I.jpg

 

BTW, I hope Nuggets will kept that beauty tetris jersey with us, no matter if yellow or baby blue.

 

Just came in here to post basically the same idea with the wordmark....the yellow/white/light blue gets so lost with all three colors together, so something (navy, in this case) to create contrast in between the yellow and light blue is perfect. I think the collar trim and numerals still need some retooling, but the wordmark is a definite upgrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many people on the Nuggets' Twitter page saying the new unis are ? or "sick". Sometimes Twitter gathers a collection of all people with the worst taste in the world. How are these at all better than the previous set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So many people on the Nuggets' Twitter page saying the new unis are ? or "sick". Sometimes Twitter gathers a collection of all people with the worst taste in the world. How are these at all better than the previous set?

 

I'd imagine at least a small portion of the followers praising these uniforms are shills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 what a mess. I want the skyline and powder blues. Why go conventional with the navy? the yellow outline and white number makes it illegible on the navy. I'm pretty sure that the statkeeper will complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pengin. said:

 what a mess. I want the skyline and powder blues. Why go conventional with the navy? the yellow outline and white number makes it illegible on the navy. I'm pretty sure that the statkeeper will complain.

 

Not really.  It might not be aesthetically pleasing, but those numbers are very legible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

Not really.  It might not be aesthetically pleasing, but those numbers are very legible.

I guess i'll hold judgment until i see them in a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

Why don't the side colors go to the top?

 

Otherwise bad uniforms. Kroenke you're scaring me.

 

They haven't for a while.

 

nba_g_anthony_576.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're the best uniforms the Nuggets have had since the rainbow days. The resemblance to the Pacers' last set is no bad thing, they were some of my favourite recent unis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have to say about the uniforms other than switching from sky blue to navy was unnecessary.

 

That being said, I think it's time for the Nuggets to rebrand. They've had the same uniform template since the Carmelo era, they've recolored their logo three times since 1993, and they have the same color scheme as three or four other teams in the league. Something has to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chilton92 said:

I don't have to say about the uniforms other than switching from sky blue to navy was unnecessary.

 

That being said, I think it's time for the Nuggets to rebrand. They've had the same uniform template since the Carmelo era, they've recolored their logo three times since 1993, and they have the same color scheme as three or four other teams in the league. Something has to change.

I agree, and I think a lot of teams are in the same boat. (Grizzlies, Rockets to name a few).

 

And i'm wondering if Nike is working on some of these already. It was hinted in an interview with the Jazz president that they will have about 6 years worth of jerseys, not just the 4. So i'm wondering if thats hinting down the road at additional changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hey wow these are really bad. Yellow outlined in white and sky blue, what are you on crack or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Definitely not the worst of the new uniforms... not sure why people are being so dramatic about these.  Yes, light blue instead of navy would have been better.  And yes, the wordmark strokes should have been revised.  But other than that, its a very clean look, its an identifiable look, and they kept the side panels, which is becoming a staple of their brand.

 

I saw people on Twitter and Reddit calling this easily the worst yet... which, if you ask me, of the uniforms that had major changes (not just changing the logo on the waistband), this IS one of the better redesigns. 

 

But, the primary color and the wordmark are the two most dominant pieces of the uniform.

 

It’s like saying, “Come on. The car isn’t *that* bad. It’s just rusty neon green and the windows don’t work.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Indiana, Denver, Memphis, Utah, Cleveland

New Orleans too but it's a different gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

But, the primary color and the wordmark are the two most dominant pieces of the uniform.

 

It’s like saying, “Come on. The car isn’t *that* bad. It’s just rusty neon green and the windows don’t work.”

 

The whole point I was making is that people over-react to every little thing.  These uniforms aren't terrible.  Did they make mistakes as far as brand is concerned?  Yes.  But it doesn't mean the uniform is BAD.  They are incredibly consistent and clean - something we all constantly bitch about.  One workmark is not easy to read.  But that's the only bad design element in the uniforms.  And its not THAT hard to read.  People are making it sounds like its looking directly into the sun.  It takes .5 seconds to read it.

 

They are definitely NOT the worst uniforms from Nike's release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

 

The whole point I was making is that people over-react to every little thing.  These uniforms aren't terrible.  Did they make mistakes as far as brand is concerned?  Yes.  But it doesn't mean the uniform is BAD.  They are incredibly consistent and clean - something we all constantly bitch about.  One workmark is not easy to read.  But that's the only bad design element in the uniforms.  And its not THAT hard to read.  People are making it sounds like its looking directly into the sun.  It takes .5 seconds to read it.

 

They are definitely NOT the worst uniforms from Nike's release.

 

I agree that these aren't bad, and certainly not the worst from Nike's release, but I'm not sure if wordmarks fall under "every little thing." As mentioned, wordmarks are a focal point of most every basketball jersey -- for that reason they should be visually appealing and easy to read. These Nuggets jerseys are a little lacking in both of those departments in ways, and I think some people, myself included, are frustrated because better alternatives exist....like simply switching the white stroke to navy. These aren't bad, they're just not as good as they could be and without reason at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.