2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a mockup I made of what the full Atlanta secondary will likely look like:

kFyBoLF.jpg

I’m guessing they’ll probably have two pairs of shorts and socks again just like they did for last season’s secondary.

If I were to just scroll by this, I would assume it was a Houston Dynamo kit. 

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

If I were to just scroll by this, I would assume it was a Houston Dynamo kit. 

I was going to say the same. The peach idea is cute, but they might need to take it a little farther.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They've used that slogan on shirts since 2014, but it looks like they're keeping the exact same version as on the 2016-17 shirt.

LA+Galaxy+2014+Home+Jersey+(1).jpgla-galaxy-2016-adidas-home-kit-b.jpg

Yep, which is unfortunate because the small “IS” is barely visible as is, and even less so when it’s rendered in yellow on the white background.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, GFB said:

Finally, a kit to answer the age old question, “Which Lisa?”

I've been posting to CCSLC for 20 years...and this gets my vote for a Top 10 all time comment. 

I was crying I was laughing so hard. Kudos!

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Here’s a mockup of what the new Union primary might look like with the lighter shade of gold:

nw0nMvp.jpg

I probably could’ve made the gold a bit lighter even, but this seemed about right to me based on the teaser images they’ve posted.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Galaxy teaser:

Also notable are the ample smatterings of green in their other promos for the kit's unveiling:

Classixx-Social-880.jpg

1080x360

Also, here is the latest teaser image from this morning:

DTsBUAoV4AAtyVJ?format=jpg

Seems like the conjoined blue and yellow double-stripe has been retired, perhaps in favor of some kind of skinnier, green, blue, and yellow pattern that blends eras. It's probably too early to tell if the quasars which are so prominently featured in those two advertisements will appear outside of the crest.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a mockup of what the new Union primary might look like with the lighter shade of gold:

nw0nMvp.jpg

I probably could’ve made the gold a bit lighter even, but this seemed about right to me based on the teaser images they’ve posted.

Most of their graphics have gradients, but this one might give us a clue as to the flat version of their new (much lighter) gold. 

36 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Most of their graphics have gradients, but this one might give us a clue as to the flat version of their new (much lighter) gold. 

Good spot. I’ll lighten up the gold a bit more on my mockup, and post that tonight or tomorrow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Also notable are the ample smatterings of green in their other promos for the kit's unveiling:

Classixx-Social-880.jpg

1080x360

Also, here is the latest teaser image from this morning:

DTsBUAoV4AAtyVJ?format=jpg

Seems like the conjoined blue and yellow double-stripe has been retired, perhaps in favor of some kind of skinnier, green, blue, and yellow pattern that blends eras. It's probably too early to tell if the quasars which are so prominently featured in those two advertisements will appear outside of the crest.

Update: never mind.

DTtMZg7VQAAZqXG.jpg
Not sure why they made it seem like they were phasing green back into their branding. Also, it'll be interesting to see how long the Galaxy stay committed to their apparent plan of throwing out a new stripe variation every two years.

The Adidas stripes on the sleeves looks dumb. Remember when the Galaxy were a premier MLS franchise? It seems like so long ago.

My favorite Galaxy set was the early Beckham one:

beckham.jpg

I know it was just a template, but it looked really cool. And the switch to blue/gold looked so much better than the prior yellow/green set.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

DTtMZg7VQAAZqXG.jpg
Not sure why they made it seem like they were phasing green back into their branding. Also, it'll be interesting to see how long the Galaxy stay committed to their apparent plan of throwing out a new stripe variation every two years.

I don't know, the sponsor logos and stripes look like they could be green. Might also be gray but I don't believe it's navy.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 hour ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

DTtMZg7VQAAZqXG.jpg

Im gonna guess that’s green, as a way to merge eras. So far doesn’t look too good but I’ll wait for better look at the kit. 

Im more interested to see what LAFC trots out. 

NYCdog.png

Archived