XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

The shorter play clock is a noticeable positive game changer. I’ve only watched the 4th of NY/TB, but I like what I saw. I hope the XFL is successful. I think there’s a place for this league in the current sports landscape.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now to watch my team: The St. Louis Battlehawks. Again, might have to go buy a couple tickets now. Especially after watching the product not be nearly as rough as I thought it would. It's still not NFL quality. At all. But I'll spend a bit of money to watch a game with a friend. 

6 minutes ago, rainmaker17 said:

Crazy seeing Globe Life as a football venue.  

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It looks weird for a football stadium.  

It's reminding me a bit of Georgia State Frankensteining Turner Field into a football stadium and a bit of Candlestick Park. 

It's better than just immediately demolishing it but dang it looks bizarre. 

Just now, Red Comet said:

It's reminding me a bit of Georgia State Frankensteining Turner Field into a football stadium and a bit of Candlestick Park. 

Globe Life could have been used as a concert venue to be used for tailgating and pre game concerts for Rangers and Cowboys games.  

3 hours ago, MBurmy said:

With the success of the Defenders and how empty the Roughnecks and Guardians crowds looked, I honestly think that the MLS stadiums are going to be the norm for XFL teams going forward (with the exceptions of the BattleHawks, the Dragons, the Wildcats if they move to San Diego, and a potential San Antonio team).

Honestly, I was kind of shocked at how good both of those looked. Maybe it's just because of how empty the Liberty Bowl, Legion Field, and Rice-Eccles were for the AAF, but the lower bowls were pretty well occupied for Houston and New York. At least more than I would have expected.

18 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Georgia State's setup looks a lot better, but they also did a lot more work to change things around. Georgia State's new setup also looks (and sounds) better than when GSU had tens of people at the Georgia Dome. Sidenote: glad you swapped back to a Char avatar so I don't have to see too much Chiefs stuff.

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Honestly, I was kind of shocked at how good both of those looked. Maybe it's just because of how empty the Liberty Bowl, Legion Field, and Rice-Eccles were for the AAF, but the lower bowls were pretty well occupied for Houston and New York. At least more than I would have expected.

Georgia State's setup looks a lot better, but they also did a lot more work to change things around. Georgia State's new setup also looks (and sounds) better than when GSU had tens of people at the Georgia Dome. Sidenote: glad you swapped back to your Char avatar so I don't have to see too much Chiefs stuff.

Yeah, I'm surprised at how involved the crowd seemed to be more than anything. Much more than the AAF outside of San Antonio. 

Eh, never was going to be longer or shorter than a week. I fully expect you to do something similar when the Broncos win another Super Bowl and I wouldn't blame ya at all.

Just now, CaliforniaGlowin said:

XFL has already sold more tickets than the whole AAF season.

I mean, you're more likely to find people who know how to sell football in NFL markets (and one recently vacated one) than outside of an NFL market. Makes sense that they'd sell more tickets too, especially with St. Louis. 

51 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

17,640 for the Guardians game, which isn't good due to the size of Met Life.

They did not open the whole stadium. And that’s about what early MLS teams were getting in NFL stadiums. It also about the average for all 3 games. So it’s a good number. 

5 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

They did not open the whole stadium. And that’s about what early MLS teams were getting in NFL stadiums. It also about the average for all 3 games. So it’s a good number. 

Okay.  

The game was boring anyways.  

12 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:
1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

17,640 for the Guardians game, which isn't good due to the size of Met Life.

I wonder whether the Guardians looked into playing at Red Bull Arena.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived