XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L.A. scores the first nine-point touchdown in football history. But they got very lucky. There was no good reason to go for a three-point conversion when those points still left them trailing. More sensible would have been to go for the higher-percentage one-point conversion, and leave the three for later, if they needed it.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

L.A. scores the first nine-point touchdown in football history. But they got very lucky. There was no good reason to go for a three-point conversion when those points still left them trailing. More sensible would have been to go for the higher-percentage one-point conversion, and leave the three for later, if they needed it.

Except now they only need the one-point to potentially tie. Honestly, there are going to be a lot of conversions with this new system where it feels like there's no real "right" answer like we have in every other football.

The conversions thing is something I am not sure the NFL is going to adopt.  I do think that the NFL will eventually adopt the XFL's kickoff rule and hopefully have a replay official in the booth.

Do we really need the coaches to be live mic'd?

3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Except now they only need the one-point to potentially tie. Honestly, there are going to be a lot of conversions with this new system where it feels like there's no real "right" answer like we have in every other football.

Once you make the three, the decision to go for it looks good. But as a percentage play...

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

And the 1 point is barely 50 percent. So taking the easy point isn't really easy. 

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The conversions thing is something I am not sure the NFL is going to adopt.  I do think that the NFL will eventually adopt the XFL's kickoff rule and hopefully have a replay official in the booth.

Do we really need the coaches to be live mic'd?

The interviews would be infinitely better if they didn’t try to capture it right after the play ended. Give them a few to relax and then do it. They had a few like that and that should be the law.

2 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Just curious how many watched. With Daytona having rain in sure some switched over. But they'd miss the great ending for what was an offensive struggle for three quarters. 

There's also golf and Hockey Day in America.  St. Louis vs. Houston will be going up against the NBA All Star Game.  

4 minutes ago, JLJ said:

The interviews would be infinitely better if they didn’t try to capture it right after the play ended. Give them a few to relax and then do it. They had a few like that and that should be the law.

When they're still out of breath, it's not a good interview. Give them a play or so. 

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Once you make the three, the decision to go for it looks good. But as a percentage play...

Eh, that's sort of true whenever teams go for it on fourth or not as well though, right? I think it was fine, but I also kind of wanted Dallas to go for a killshot by going for three and making it a 10 point game later. You know, for fun.

EDIT: The biggest issue with the sideline interviews is that most athletes (and people in general) aren't that interesting to listen to talk. Maybe we'll find a Richard Sherman-type who can cut high-quality wrestling promos at some point.

18 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

All three will probably be in NFL training camps

Which would be a great outcome for everyone involved.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived