This Is The Alliance Of American Football

M4One

25 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

What am i scared of? CHROME everything...

If there isn't at least one team with a helmet that is:

• Chrome AND Matte blended or somehow both on the helmet in combination
  • Anthracite Gray

...then this isn't 2018.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

American Football Alliance would have been a better name.  AoAF is almost as awkward as the WLoAF was.

For the logo - the football is part is not iconic enough to stand on its own - especially since the league has absolutely no recognition.  Even the NFL's stand-alone logo has its letters in it.  

It's also a poor logo because the outer part doesn't match the curves of the football - it's more diamond like.

As I'm typing this, I just noticed the A in the logo.  I guess that's clever, except that it implies that the bottom part is a letter too, which it's obviously not.  Not a fan.

The league will be referred to as "The Alliance" and not any acronyms.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, M4One said:

First team has been announced for Orlando and will be coached by Steve Spurrier.  Other teams will be announced during the rest of the week.  

What would be a good name for Orlando?  Something locally relevant and top-league not a goofy or xtreme kewl name?

Colors should relate to local schools.   Gold for UCF and FSU, Blue for Florida and maybe hints of Orange too, for Miami.  

11 hours ago, WideRight said:

What would be a good name for Orlando?  Something locally relevant and top-league not a goofy or xtreme kewl name?

Colors should relate to local schools.   Gold for UCF and FSU, Blue for Florida and maybe hints of Orange too, for Miami.  

You'll find more snowballs here than you will Miami fans, so I guess they could say that it's just blue *and* orange for Florida.

ExJworW.png

16 hours ago, WideRight said:

With the people who seem to be part of this league, I don't think there will be any dumb names like in the XFL.  If they are smart, it will be relevant to the market, though there probably be a generic name or two in the league.

On 3/23/2018 at 1:59 PM, ddub53 said:

The league will be referred to as "The Alliance" and not any acronyms.

Unfortunately, the league doesn't get to tell others what they call it. You can bet things like ESPN, etc, are going to just have AAF on the score tracker, etc. If we can have CFB, NCAAM, or similar, we're going to see AAF in use.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:22 PM, WideRight said:

The Orlando FastPasses

On 4/7/2018 at 8:22 PM, WideRight said:

If they could make licencing work this would be a great time to bring back the Citronaut!

Archived