Jacksonville Jaguars Unveil Stripped-Down Uniforms

JagAaron33

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those hats should say "Black and White (featuring Teal)"

Obviously cleaner than their previous set but still pretty dang boring. Meh.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

22 hours ago, DeFrank said:

I HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2000, when they left the Giants sleeves blank so that they could highlight their logo! AGH

Image result for giants 2000

I ALSO HATE NIKE. This is just like in 2012 when they designed the Seaha-

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Or ya know, maybe they left the sleeves blank because they were just copying this uniform:

quarterback-earl-morrall-of-the-new-york

Well, not exactly the same.  The older NY uniform has the TV numbers on the sleeve.  With the absence of sleeve stripes or team logos, it's very easy to fit TV numbers on the sleeve, even on current cuts (see the Oakland Raiders).  Still even with an empty sleeve, the numbers were stuck up on the shoulders, which is also true of the Nike designed Broncos' uniform. Yet in CFB, where the Nike logo gets a front display, Nike will often design jerseys with traditional on-sleeve TV numbers (Michigan State pops to mind, I'm sure there are others). You could certainly make the argument that the reason Nike doesn't want to put TV numbers on the sleeve in the NFL is because the League makes them put the swoosh there, and they don't want number interfering.

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, not exactly the same.  The older NY uniform has the TV numbers on the sleeve.  With the absence of sleeve stripes or team logos, it's very easy to fit TV numbers on the sleeve, even on current cuts (see the Oakland Raiders).  Still even with an empty sleeve, the numbers were stuck up on the shoulders, which is also true of the Nike designed Broncos' uniform. Yet in CFB, where the Nike logo gets a front display, Nike will often design jerseys with traditional on-sleeve TV numbers (Michigan State pops to mind, I'm sure there are others). You could certainly make the argument that the reason Nike doesn't want to put TV numbers on the sleeve in the NFL is because the League makes them put the swoosh there, and they don't want number interfering.

True but I think by 1999 the cut of the jersey itself, with its magically disappearing sleeves left less and less room for the numbers. Some teams like the Raids, Bears, and Chiefs continued to place numbers there but I think by that time, shoulder numbers were the norm for unless grandfathered in. 

39 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Raiders still have their numbers on their sleeves.  It's doable.  But the cap sleeve design of jerseys these days doesn't leave a lot of room, especially when Nike has to put the Swoosh there, per the NFL (a move I agree with).  They're paying a lot of money to have that contract and they deserve to market their product.  

The Chiefs moved their numbers from the sleeves to the shoulders when Nike came in, and I'm super thankful...it allowed Nike to make the sleeve stripes much larger, instead of being just on the sleeve band, which is a much better look and the jersey overall just looks better.  

Also, numbers are more visible when on shoulders than sleeves for much of the stadium, especially the TV folk in the press box, so there's that to consider.  At eye level sleeve numbers are more visible, but none of us are watching the game from the sideline...

29 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

Anyone have the full number and letter font? Would like to see all the letters and numbers. Make sure there isn’t any weird ones. That E is a little sketchy to me. 

That’s just a standard nameplate typeface. You’ll see that E on lots of teams.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Thoughts? That border is really pronounced IMO. 

It's a groan that it's this noticeable on the retail jerseys, but it's a huge fail if it looks like this on the field. There's no reason to have a jersey-color outline on the numbers, so then if that number outline ends up introducing a "new" color? It's a huge flaw.

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s just a standard nameplate typeface. You’ll see that E on lots of teams.

The Jaguars stated that NIKE came up with a custom font called Full Block Modern. Looks a little different then the standard block fonts most teams use. 

2 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Whoever thought that orange stitching was a good idea, should be fired by now and blacklisted from ever working on designing ANYTHING.

Pretty much everyone told me I was over reacting at first and that we would never notice such a "small detail" but I seriously think this is the worst element of this dumpster fire...

45 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Whoever thought that orange stitching was a good idea, should be fired by now and blacklisted from ever working on designing ANYTHING.

My gripe isn't the design choice itself. While it is bad, the worst part is what Nike has done a lot of recently - design for the template. With a majority of NFL teams moving to the Vapor Untouchable template last year, Cleveland was stuck with the Elite 51 SOLELY because of that crap. A team can't even wear the most recent style of the jersey because of a stupid idea.

And just go back in Nike's college portfolio. Arkansas and Washington had the "iconic husks of Husky Stadium on a Razorback" sharp points only because the template had a mesh area right there that could be colored. Oklahoma had the same thing on their alternates. And before that, the shortened and truncated pant stripes (with the back of the calf wrap arounds) were because, you guess it, Nike designed it that way on the template. It's a lazy design choice. 

(Washington did try to own their sharp point thingys when they kept them moving to the VU template, but that's the rarity.)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

4 hours ago, Gupti said:

The Browns also use a jersey color outline, and I coulda sworn they weren't the only ones.

180323-kizer-deshone-phoner-950.jpg

It wouldn't take that many tweaks to make this jersey/uniform look good

6 hours ago, Gupti said:

The Browns also use a jersey color outline, and I coulda sworn they weren't the only ones.

180323-kizer-deshone-phoner-950.jpg

It obviously doesn't work here, but I think there's a scenario where maybe it could look good? It's not the place to use it on every seam when there's 25 frickin' panels to the jersey.

5 hours ago, O.C.D said:

It wouldn't take that many tweaks to make this jersey/uniform look good

Solid white numbers, no wordmark (orat least smaller) and no contrasting stitching. Then it would be more than alright...

Archived